Ch. 28

D,

Where are you and H? G's really worried and I can't stand seeing her like that so you better respond before I come find you. And trust me, if I don't hear from you two and you're alright, I will make sure to hex you for making my mate worry.

B

Draco laughed at the note before giving it to Hermione to read. She read it quietly and groaned as she said, "I feel horrible that Ginny's been worried."

"Blaise will take care of her," Draco said. He was already scrawling a note in response, letting Blaise know that the two of them were alright. "And if anything, you'll see her tonight."

"I know but still," She said, sitting up and bringing her knees to her chest. "I just feel guilty for leaving her in the dark. And also for skipping a day of classes."

"Are you really still worried about that?" He asked, closing the note and sending it away with a flick of his wrist. "You're at the top of all of your classes, no doubt about that. The professors know that students get sick every so often, so they'll understand you missing one day."

"I've never missed a day though!" She exclaimed, putting her head down.

He laughed and sat up next to her, crossing his legs. "I'm fairly certain you took all of last year off."

She looked up and scowled at him. "That was different."

He shook his head at said, "My point is, that sometimes it's alright to take a day off. And all of the professors know that you are going to make up any work that you missed, so don't worry your head off about it."

"Draco, I don't think you underst-"

She was silenced by his lips suddenly being pressed against hers. She tried to pull away but felt his hand rest against her jawline, his fingers lacing into her hair and his thumb on her cheek. He pulled away after a few moments and grinned at her.

"Sorry, but I needed you to hush for a second," He said.

Scowling at him, she replied, "Well that's rude."

"I said I was sorry," He countered. "I'd be happy to make it up to you though."

"I'm scared to ask how," She said, smirking playfully.

He only smiled in response and leaned in again, pausing slightly to see if she was going to fight him on it. He was surprised slightly when she closed the gap between them, her lips finding his and his other hand reaching up to rest on the other side of her face.

He could feel her smiling against the kiss and his chest welled with happiness as he pulled her closer, deepening the kiss. She responded by bringing her arms up around his neck and scooting closer to him, sitting up slightly on her knees.

He felt her shaking slightly and pulled away to lay down and pull her down with him. She was on stop of him at this point but she didn't seem to mind, lowering herself down to resume their kiss. He grinned against her lips and left one hand in her hair while the other one trailed down her arm to her waist, hearing her moan slightly at this.

Something clicked inside of him and he tightened his grasp on her as his kisses became more urgent. She noticed the sudden change and pulled back slightly, putting a hand on his chest and giving him a look.

"Nothing's going to happen," He breathed, though it came out more huskily than he intended.

She nodded and slowly pressed her lips to his again, sighing against him. She had never enjoyed this as much with Ron as she was right now. She and Ron barely even made it this far. Even though she knew she was basically straddling him, she wasn't uncomfortable with the situation like she normally would have. It felt...right. She began to quicken her kisses, unable to hold back the slight moans in between.