Ch. 38

A/N:       Alright! So! 

This chapter is a mature chapter, and while it isn't as graphic as some of the others I've come across, I still felt the need to warn you guys just so that you wouldn't really be blindsided, but I'm sure some of you were expecting it! Anywho, this is the 'marking and mating' scene. If you don't want to read, I'll be posting the next chapter right after and you can skip right to that :)   

Hermione woke up with a groan the next morning, her head throbbing. She put a hand over her eyes and with a wave of her other hand, the curtains on her windows shut and the room darkened. With a sigh she rolled over and buried her head into the pillow.

A knock on her door caused her to groan again. She pointed her wand at the door and it clicked open. She didn't open her eyes as whoever it was entered her room with a chuckle.

"Rough morning?"

Her answer was another groan followed by a pillow over her face to block out the light flooding in from her door. Someone sat down on the bed next to her and she heard liquid sloshing in a glass.

"Here, I brought you a Pepper Up."

She reached out a hand and felt him gently push a bottle into her open palm. She sat up slowly and uncorked the bottle, downing the potion. Her headache immediately disappeared and any fuzziness she felt faded away.

After a few moments of the hangover dissipating, she opened her eyes and smiled at him. "Thank you, Draco."

He smiled in return. She moved the pillow that had dropped in front of her and he immediately looked away. "Um, Hermione..."

She felt a rush of cold air and her eyes went wide as she covered her top half quickly with the sheet, realizing that she was completely naked from the waist up. She pulled her legs up and felt her face heat up with embarrassment. Before she could say anything, Draco pulled his shirt off and held it out to her as he continued to look in the other direction. She took the shirt and quickly pulled it on, still blushing furiously.

"Thank you," She said quietly.

He turned back and smiled at her. "Did you fall asleep as soon as you came back to your room?"

"To be honest, I hardly remember anything after that last confrontation with Harry and Ron," She admitted. "I barely remember walking with Ginny back to the portrait."

"You were more stumbling than anything," He laughed, rubbing the back of his neck before saying, "So...you don't remember anything that happened in my room?"

She stared at him, and he immediately sensed fear and worry. He put a hand up and quickly said, "Nothing bad happened, I promise!"

"Well you better tell me what did happen, Draco!" She stuttered nervously.

He sighed and turned more to face her, bringing his legs up onto the bed and crossing them. "After Blaise carried Ginny to bed, I helped you to your room and said goodnight. A few minutes later you came to my room and asked for help with your zipper since you apparently couldn't reach it."