Ch. 43

Weeks passed, and the chill of winter spread over Hogwarts. At first, Hermione and Ginny were uncomfortable with the stares they were receiving from other students, primarily other male students. Draco and Blaise became rather protective of the girls, growling at any of the men who decided to stare at them. But after a couple of weeks, the stares began to subside as everyone grew used to Hermione and Ginny's slightly altered appearance, and the girls tried their best to ignore the men who still decided to stare from afar.

Hermione spent most of her downtime writing notes on her experiences leading up to her current state. Draco was amused by this, smiling anytime she would bring her notebook out into the common room and write after she had finished her homework. He would take this time to catch up on his homework, and unbeknownst to Hermione, he would also write about his experiences as a Veela. He decided not to tell her, knowing that she would be even more ecstatic about the notes he would present to her when she decided it was time to write her book.

It was the second week of December, just two weeks before Christmas break. The four of them were all at breakfast, sitting at the Gryffindor table. They had started sitting in the middle of the table with the other Gryffindors instead of the end, mostly thanks to Dean and Seamus convincing the other Gryffindors that Draco and Blaise were alright.

"I can't believe it's December already," Ginny said in a surprised tone as she grabbed a few slices of bacon. "We still need to plan out our trip, Hermione."

"Trip?" Blaise and Draco asked in unison, looking up from their plates.

"Oh," Hermione looked at Ginny. "We forgot to tell them."

"What trip?" Draco asked, raising an eyebrow at her.

"Well, we haven't really planned it out but," Hermione took a bite of her toast. "Ginny and I talked briefly about travelling around the world for Christmas break while we were getting ready for the ball. We didn't really decide where we were going to go, but I think it's a nice idea."

Draco chewed on the inside of his cheek. He had already had a basic plan for the Christmas break, and was going to surprise Hermione with it. He was just waiting for a note from a friend as the go-ahead.

He didn't have to wait long though as the morning mail appeared, and an owl dropped in front of everyone except Blaise.

"I feel the love," He muttered, watching the other three open their mail.

Ginny rolled her eyes and conjured up an envelope, grabbing a piece of parchment and scribbling something on it before attaching it to the owl's leg and pointing it over to Blaise.

The owl hopped the table, slightly confused but Blaise grinned as he took the parchment from the owl's leg and grinned at Ginny. "Thank you love!"

Hermione raised an eyebrow at Ginny who simply grinned at her friend and nodded to Blaise. "Wait 'til you open it."

Blaise ripped the parchment open excitedly and scanned the small bit of parchment before scowling at Ginny, who had burst into a fit of laughter. Draco leaned over to read it and also laughed, snatching it out of Blaise's hands and showing it to Hermione.

Drama Queen.

Hermione laughed as well and looked at Blaise, who was scowling at everyone and was obviously fighting back a smile. He lost the battle with himself and ended up grinning, shaking his head at his mate. Soon the laughter died down and everyone returned to their respective letters, silence falling over the group.

Looking down at her letter, Hermione scanned the unfamiliar scrawl in greenish-black ink. She frowned slightly before reading.

Hermione,