Ch. 47

The girls quietly followed Narcissa to the back of the manor, where she led them outside. The gardens were surprisingly warm, considering that it was late December. There were large hedges towering over them that were almost as tall as the first floor, with bushes of different flowers edging them. Narcissa led them to the center of the gardens where there was a small gazebo with a little table.

"It's so warm out," Ginny commented finally, looking around.

Narcissa smiled. "There's a permanent charm on the gardens to ensure it's warm year-round. I very much enjoy spending time out here every day."

"It's beautiful," Hermione said as she looked around. "You do a wonderful job."

"Yes," She said sadly. "Unfortunately this past year was the first time I was able to return to them and bring the gardens back to their former glory. I had always loved gardening; it was my place to get away from everything. But with everything that had happened..."

She trailed off and Hermione shot Ginny a worried look. But then Narcissa shook her head and smiled again. "But that's all in the past. Now, would you two like some tea?"

The girls nodded and Narcissa called out behind her, "Flora!"

A small pop was heard and in front of them stood a house-elf wearing a lacy white dress. The lace reminded Hermione of a doily and she couldn't help but smile.

"Flora, would you please bring us a pot of tea?" Narcissa asked kindly.

The house-elf curtsied and said in a squeaky voice, "Yes, mistress!"

Then she disappeared with another pop and Narcissa turned back to the girls with a smile. "So, while we wait, why don't we discuss future plans?"

"Future plans?" Ginny asked while Hermione gave a look of uncertainty.

"Why, yes!" Narcissa said. "First, Ginny, I hope you understand that Mrs. Zabini is very protective of her only son. I'm aware that your first meeting with her wasn't exactly...pleasant."

"I wouldn't say so, no," Ginny said with a nod while she tried to suppress a grimace.

Narcissa nodded in return. "I've been trying to reason with the woman but she is very stubborn. But I don't want you to give up on her. She can be very dramatic at times, but she is just stuck in her ways. It's been harder for her to shake the old prejudices."

"That would explain why Blaise can be so dramatic," Ginny muttered to Hermione.

Narcissa grinned. A sudden loud popping noise made the girls jump again, but they relaxed when they saw it was Flora carrying a tray. Flora held the tray up to Narcissa, who gently lifted the teapot and three cups onto the table.

"Thank you, Flora," Narcissa smiled. "I'll let you know if we need anything else."

The house-elf curtsied before disappearing, and Narcissa poured tea into the three cups, handing Hermione and Ginny theirs. The girls gave a quick 'thank you', and Narcissa turned her attention back to the other two.

"As I was saying," She started, "I realize that with the two of you being mates to Draco and Blaise, we are inevitably going to need to plan your weddings."

Ginny and Hermione stared at her with wide eyes. Narcissa chuckled and with a wave of hand said, "Nothing needs to be planned out right now. Unless of course, you would like to."

She smiled at them as she took a sip of her tea. Hermione set her cup down and said in a shaky voice, "I think it might be a bit early to start planning weddings, Narcissa. We've only been officially with the boys for a few months."