Ch. 20

The next morning was rather stressful for Ginny. She ignored anyone who tried to ask her why she was kissing a Slytherin and they were quickly sent away with a glare from Hermione.

"So," Hermione started as she filled her plate for breakfast and glanced at Ginny. "He bought you a Firebolt?"

Ginny grinned and nodded excitedly. "I still can't believe it; it's amazing, 'Mione. If you liked flying I would let you try it out."

"I appreciate that," Hermione said, smiling at her friend's enthusiasm. "But you know I'm not one for flying. So does this mean you two are dating?"

Ginny shrugged. "I honestly don't know. He asked me on a date, I asked him on one; so, I guess? But we're not together."

"That's kind of how Draco and I are," Hermione said, unsure if she should tell her friend everything. "But without the dates."

Ginny glared past Hermione at Draco before saying, "Shame on him, he needs to take you on a date!"

Blaise nearly fell out of his seat from laughter. Draco glared over at him, his lips in a firm line. "I may regret you two being together. You're showing me up."

"Not my fault, mate," Blaise said, sitting back slightly. "But remember, Ginny and Hermione are different; Hermione might not want to go on dates. You won't know until you ask her."

"You don't need to tell me that," Draco said. "When are you going to tell Ginny?"

Blaise shrugged. "I don't know. I supposed I can tell her any time now."

"You may not want to put it off," The blond stated. "It's not fair to her, first of all, and second, now that Hermione knows, she might tell Ginny. I know they've already been talking a bit."

"Do you really think Hermione would tell her?" Blaise asked in a slightly panicked tone.

"I think she's going to try and hold off as long as possible, but I know she told Ginny that she and I talked, which means that Ginny has to be bothering her about what I am, and in turn what you are."

Blaise rubbed the back of her neck. "I'll see if I can talk to her here soon. You think Slughorn would let us skip potions?"

"I'll tell him you and Ginny caught a bug or something in Hogsmeade yesterday."

"You're the best, mate!" Blaise smiled before turning back to look at Ginny.

"So you and Draco talked?" Ginny asked, looking at Hermione curiously.

"Kind of," Hermione said. "We both determined we have feelings for each other, but as far as what he is, I have no idea yet."

She hated lying to her friend, but she knew it wasn't her place to tell what was happening. She only hoped that Blaise would talk to Ginny soon.

Almost on cue, Blaise appeared behind Ginny and pressed a quick kiss onto her cheek, making her jump. He received many glares from the Gryffindor table, but he paid them no mind as Ginny beamed up at him.

"What are you doing over here?" She asked happily.

"I was actually wanting to pull you away for a bit to talk to you," He said before nodding to Hermione. "Draco said he has an excuse for us already if we happen to be late or miss Potions."