Ch. 29

Hermione reluctantly got out of the shower after what felt like hours and she changed into a long black jumper and grey leggings. She decided to leave her hair down but air dried it with her wand, before looking at the clock and groaning. They had missed the entire day by sleeping in Draco's bed, and dinner was starting soon. She made a mental note to never take a Sleeping Draught during the week again as she left her room, finding Draco on the couch working on his homework.

He looked up at her as she came down the stairs, gesturing towards a glass of wine that he had poured for her when he heard the shower turn off. "We should probably talk about what happened."

She nodded in agreement as she took the glass and sat down on the couch next to him, turning so that she was facing him with her knees pulled up to her chest. There was a few moments of silence before she asked, "Is that going to happen every time we do that?"

Draco ran a hand through his hair and leaned back against the couch, draping an arm along the back as he looked at her. "I'm not sure. It very well might."

"What happened there?" She asked, taking a drink.

"Well," He bit his lip. "I, uh...my Veela got a bit excited, I guess you could say."

Hermione blushed as she took another drink. He grinned at her cheeks turning red and asked, "I take it you and Weasley never got very far?"

Shaking her head, she replied, "No, we didn't last long enough to get very far. We ended things right as summer started before I went to Australia."

He nodded in response and took a drink of his firewhiskey. "Hermione, I'm not going to push you to do anything you don't want to do, and I know you are most likely not ready to do anything like that."

She stayed quiet for a moment, chewing on the inside of her cheek as she thought about what to say. He watched her quietly, chuckling inwardly at the different emotions she was giving off. There was the frustration and longing battling each other, with guilt and frustration lingering in the background. Everything that she was feeling earlier. She opened and closed her mouth a few times, making him wonder exactly what she was thinking. He didn't have to wait long to find out though as she finally spoke.

"Well," She started slowly, avoiding his eyes. "I may honestly have been more ready than I thought."

He stared at her, his mouth hanging open. She was blushing slightly at this, avoiding his eyes as she continued. "I mean about the whole marking thing, not necessarily the mating part yet."

"No, no, no, I understand," He said quickly, setting down his glass and turning more to face her. "So...you're saying you're ready for me to mark you?"

"Well not right now, no," She said. "Earlier though, after that whole incident, I realized that I wouldn't have minded if you had gone on to mark me. Which, to be honest, is a very terrifying thought for me. I mean, we aren't even technically dating yet, even though we don't necessarily need to considering the fact that I've accepted that I'm going to be with you for the rest of my life and I've come to really care for you. I've never really gone into a situation without thinking about it heavily first so having these realizations is a new thing for me. And the fact that this is progressing somewhat quickly is still a little nerve-wracking for me. But like I said, I've come to terms with the fact that we are going to spend the rest of our lives together; I'm trying to come to terms also with the fact that you're going to mark me and that might possibly lead to us having sex right after; that part is just slightly more difficult to get used to."

He raised an eyebrow at her. "So you're able to accept that we will be together for the rest of our lives, but haven't accepted that I'm going to mark you and then most likely take you?"