Ch. 41

Hermione still hadn't woken up that night, or the next morning.

Draco wouldn't leave her side, even when Blaise insisted they go get breakfast for the three of them since Ginny still wasn't allowed to leave yet.

Blaise left the Hospital Wing grumbling while Draco sat and watched Hermione for any sign of movement.

"Hey."

He looked up to see Ginny watching him with concerned eyes. "She'll be alright, you know that."

Draco looked back down at Hermione and sighed. "She's been unconscious for two full days now."

"Two?" Ginny asked in shock. Then she slowly struggled to sit up, asking, "How long was I out then?"

"Only one, it was roughly about twenty-four hours actually since you woke up yesterday morning," Draco said. "I don't know why hers is taking longer though; from the sounds of it, there was only maybe a few hours between when you were marked and her being marked."

She finally settled against the propped up pillows and looked at him. "Maybe it's because of her blood."

He gave her a confused look and she went on to explain. "Maybe my transformation was short because it only had two kinds of blood to work with: magic and Veela. With her, she has magic, Veela, and muggle. The Veela might be having difficulties with the muggle aspect of her, so that could be why it's taking longer to process."

Draco looked back down at Hermione and frowned. He hadn't thought of that, but surely it couldn't be too much of a factor. Could it?

"It's an interesting place we go to," Ginny started quietly. At this point she was trying to keep Draco from getting lost in his own thoughts and worries, and from the way his head shot up and looked at her, she had his attention.

"Place?" He asked.

"Yeah, I'm not sure if hers is the same place that I went to, but it was an interesting journey." She shifted slightly before continuing. "It was dark at first, but then I found myself in a large house, larger than Hogwarts. It was still nighttime, but the further I explored the house, the brighter it got outside. The sun was coming up the entire time I was exploring."

"What did you do in the house?" He asked curiously.

She shrugged. "I kept opening doors for some reason. There wasn't anything behind the doors, just a black void. And there were so many levels of the house; the stairs were ridiculous. I felt like I was climbing for hours. But finally when I got to the top of the house, there was one long hallway with a large door at the end of it. Once I had finally made it to the end and opened the door..."

She smiled then. "There was a beautiful garden on the other side. All sorts of flowers and animals. And at the center of it was me. But it was a very different me, almost as if someone had given me a beautification potion or something. She smiled at me while I walked to her and then she took my hands, told me it was time to wake up, and I did."

Draco look at her quietly while she finished. She was staring off at the opposite wall, obviously reliving the dream that she had been through. He looked back down at Hermione and wondered if she was having the same experience.

Before either of them could say anything else, Blaise entered the Wing with three plates from breakfast hovering in front of him. He sent one to Draco and Ginny grabbed one when it got close enough.

"Thank you, Blaise," She said with a smile.

He smiled in return but there was something off about his smile. Ginny then stared at him with an odd expression. "Blaise...are you upset about something?"