Ch. 45

Draco and Blaise anxiously took one last shot of firewhiskey before they walked out of the Manor and down the pathway. They didn't say a word to each other, each lost in their own thoughts and fears as to what's going to happen.

"So," Blaise said finally as they walked through the front doors. "We're off to the Burrow."

Draco nodded. They had received Hermione's Patronus, an otter, letting them know that they were invited to the Burrow for dinner by Mr. Weasley. Right after that, they both took a shot of firewhiskey.

"Do you think we're overdressed?" Draco asked, looking down. He had decided to make a good impression, knowing these people were practically Hermione's second set of parents and opted for one of his black suits.

Blaise, who had dressed similarly, shrugged. "Maybe a bit, but we are trying to get on their good side."

They walked through the gates and on the other side of the wards. Malfoy Manor had a similar enchantment to Hogwarts, where you couldn't apparate in or out of the grounds, but that enchantment stopped at the gate. After confirming exactly where they were apparating to, there were two pops and the Veelas disappeared from the front gate.

They landed close to each other in the field surrounding the Burrow, nervously adjusting their ties and now muttering to each other about how they were certainly overdressed. But they were able to breathe easier now that they were closer to their mates.

After knocking on the front door and waiting for a few moments, the door opened to reveal Mr. Weasley, who looked between the two boys.

"Boys, welcome!" He greeted warmly, which surprised Draco and Blaise.

He moved to the side and gestured for them to come in, which they did slowly, taking in everything. The house was much larger on the inside than they had expected, and was very brightly lit even with the sun setting. Mr. Weasley led them into his office, shutting the door behind them which made the two boys nervous.

"Firewhiskey?" He offered as he walked between them to the small open case.

"Yes, sir," Blaise answered while Draco nodded.

"Please, no need to call me sir," Mr. Weasley answered as he poured three small glasses.

After holding them out for the two boys to take, he took a small sip and looked at the two of them quietly, taking in their appearances. "I must say, you two certainly are very well put together."

Draco bit his lip and said, "I hope we're not overdressed."

"Not at all," Mr. Weasley said, waving him off. "Now, to business."

He gestured towards the couches that were on the other side of the room, leading the boys to them. He sat on one couch while Draco and Blaise took the other, trying to not seem too uncomfortable with the awkwardness.

"I suppose you know that I brought you in here to have the typical 'you're dating my daughter now' chat," Mr. Weasley started to the two of them. "I also brought you in here to save you from my wife, who is currently displeased with the situation but is slowly coming around to it."

The boys sat in silence, unsure of what to say. They didn't need to say anything though as Mr. Weasley continued, looking between the two of them but addressing Draco first. "I hope you realize that Hermione is practically my daughter as well, especially given the situation with her parents which I'm sure you are aware of."

Draco nodded and Mr. Weasley nodded in return, continuing. "Alright. Now, I know the past is the past. My daughters have been fated to be your mates. Luckily, our family already has some experience with Veelas, as our oldest son is married to a woman who is quarter-Veela."