Ch. 13

As the afternoon turned into evening, the girls had been cut off from the wine after Ginny accidentally turned Blaise's hair bright pink with her wand while they were having fun trying to change colors around the dorm. She sat on the couch pouting while Hermione fixed Blaise's hair.

"I meant to change the couch," She muttered, crossing her arms. "I only had two glasses; there was no reason to cut me off."

The other three laughed and Hermione asked, "You were going to change my couch to bright pink?"

"Better than the ugly chartreuse color that you turned that flag over there," She retorted, pointing her thumb towards the now lime-greenish colored Slytherin flag that was hanging on the wall next to Draco's dorm.

"It does look rather ugly," Draco admitted, avoiding Hermione's eyes.

"Oh, like it was any better before," Hermione said sarcastically, grinning at him.

Blaise chuckled and looked over at Draco. They both knew their mates were feeling the alcohol, and they were most likely hungry.

"Do you two want to head to the Great Hall?" Blaise asked. "Dinner should be starting soon."

Ginny shuffled her feet on the couch, sinking down further and looking at Hermione. Hermione nodded in understanding, remembering that her friend didn't want to leave the dorm at all that weekend. She looked at the boys and said, "You two go ahead; I'll get the house elves to make us some plates here. We're not really in the mood to see anyone else right now."

Blaise bristled slightly at his mate's unhappy mood and then perked up suddenly. "Well how about Draco and I go get food for the four of us and we just stay up here?"

"That would be great!" Ginny said excitedly. Then she blushed, looking down at her fingers.

Blaise grinned while Draco looked at Hermione. "You two will be alright here?"

Hermione raised an eyebrow at him. "Are you suggesting that she and I can't take care of ourselves?"

Draco put his hands up and leaned back. "I said no such thing. I just don't want anyone trying to come find you two."

"We'll be fine," She said, before suddenly grinning and adding, "If anything, Ginny will turn their hair pink."

The four of them laughed, and Draco and Blaise soon left through the portrait hole, heading to the kitchens.

"Ginny's certainly warming up to you," Draco said quietly, putting his hands in his pockets.

Blaise had a grin permanently plastered on his face. "I know; this is going much better than I expected. Of course, I'm sure the wine has a lot to do with it."

Draco clapped him on the back slightly and said, "Don't worry, I'm sure things will keep going well from here."

"I can't find the wine!" Ginny said in a frustrated tone. "He's hidden it so well!"

She and Hermione were ransacking the kitchen, trying to find the bottle of wine that Draco had taken and hidden from Ginny after the color mishap with Blaise's hair.

After a few moments, she groaned, stamping her foot slightly. Hermione chuckled at her and said, "How adult-like, Ginny. What if Blaise were to see you right now?"

Ginny whirled around to stare at her with wide eyes. Then she immediately relaxed, trying to play it cool as she shrugged and said, "I don't care what he thinks."