Ch. 50

The next few days were spent exploring around the city, mainly with Hermione leading them around everywhere. The other three practically had to pull Hermione away from the Louvre Museum, where she had kept them for nearly the entire day. Only after a promise from Draco that he would take her there again in the future and she could spend as much time as she wanted then did Hermione reluctantly leave the museum.

Ginny and Hermione made a point to visit their little café every morning for coffee and tea, which allowed Draco and Blaise to plan out their schedule for the day. They fell into a routine with the boys meeting them at the café and then they would head off to do their activities. Then for dinner they'd go to any one of the really nice restaurants in wizarding Paris.

Christmas day was different. Hermione woke up to the smell of cinnamon and espresso, and she laid in bed for a few moments savoring the smell before getting up and investigating.

She found Draco and Blaise cooking in the kitchen with a sleepy Ginny sitting at the table by the window holding a mug. There was another steaming mug of something across from Ginny, and Hermione assumed it was hers.

"Good morning, beautiful," Draco said happily, giving her a kiss on the cheek. "There's a latte on the table for you, and breakfast should be ready soon."

She smiled at him and walked past Blaise to the table where Ginny smiled at her. "Happy Christmas, Hermione."

"Happy Christmas, Gin!" She replied with a smile.

They clinked their mugs together and Hermione looked outside. It had snowed in the middle of the night and continued to snow lightly, making it a perfect Christmas. Well, almost perfect.

She could hardly remember the last Christmas she had spent with her parents. She partially regretted skipping the skiing trip her parents had organized her fifth year to stay at Grimmauld Place for Christmas, though at the same time she didn't regret it as Mr. Weasley had suffered his horrible attack from Nagini. And in sixth year, she had stayed at Hogwarts for the Christmas break; that one she very much regretted. All those missed times. And now, she might never get them back.

Hermione fought back the tears that threatened to fall and took a sip of her latte, but Draco sensed something was off. He had a feeling he knew what it was though as he looked at her and saw her stare out of the window at the falling snow.

Ginny noticed the sigh of sadness come from her friend, and she reached her foot over to get Hermione's attention before using Legilimency.

Everything alright, Hermione?

Hermione sighed again. I don't want to bring the mood down, don't worry.

You know it won't bother me, come on.

I just miss my parents. It's been too long without them, and while being you guys is wonderful and everything, it's not the same.

Ginny gave her friend a sad look. Well, hopefully this is the last Christmas you spend without them. We'll find them.

Hermione smiled at her friend. I hope so too. Thanks for always listening whenever I talk about them.

What kind of sister would I be if I didn't listen? Ginny grinned.

"You know," Blaise started, grabbing the girls' attention, "We feel a little left out when you two do that."

"That sounds like a personal problem, love," Ginny said with a shrug.

"What were you two talking about?" Blaise asked with a small grin.

"Well, if you must know, Hermione and I were talking about girly things, like periods, dresses, comparing the sizes of your-"