Tragedy

Tragedy...

Charles Spencer rushed into the guest bedroom where his niece was sleeping. It was a little over twelve.

"DeAnn." He said shaking the girl lightly.

"Uncle?"

"Get dressed and pack your clothes. Your needed at Balmoral." The tone of her uncles voice told her not to argue.

A hour later they where sitting on a private plane on their way to Scotland.  All her cousins looked at her with sympathy.

"Why are you all looking at me like that?" The princess finally snapped.

"Well if you really want to know I will tell you."

"No you will not." Charles told his daughter.

"What she should know. The reason we are looking at you like this is because, well you look like absolute crap. Ever heard of a  brush cousin." With a pout DeAnn turned away from her cousin.

"Go sleep it is going to be a long day. You are going to need your energy." Earl Spencer told his niece.

The flight from South Africa to Scotland was long enough for her to gain extra energy.

The young princess woke up in her room at Balmoral. Rolling over she found her grandmother the Queen sitting in the corner of the room.

"Hello Gran-Gran. How are you today?" The princess greeted her grandmother. The Queen gave her a sad smile before moving to where she DeAnn laid.

"I am well. How are you?"

"Confused. Why was I brought back early. Mummy said I could stay a month. I still had a week left." She grumble.

"I'm sorry.  We had to bring you back before the news was announced."

"News what news?"

"Do you remember a year ago when you told me that one day the paparazzi will be the cause of someone's death."

"Of course I do. Photographic memory remember."

"Yes. Sadly."

"Who died?" DeAnn asked raising a eyebrow at her grandmother.

"I'm so sorry DeAnn. Your mother passed away."

The princess bottom lip began to quiver.

"How?." She whispered with tears in her eyes.

"Car accident in Paris. They where trying to get away from the press and the driver lost control of the car."

"So they really did kill her. She always said they would kill her you know." DeAnn replied to her grandmother. "What about Dodi? Is he alive?"

"The only survivor is Trevor Rees-Jones her bodyguard."

"Oh..." She whispered walking over to the window.

"DeAnn it is okay to cry."

"Walk away please." She replied.

"DeAnn."

"Go! Please Grandmother."

Once she heard the door close she let everything out. She cried for a while before the door opened again.

"DeAnn." Harry walked over to his sister who was curled up in the corner of the room. "What's wrong?"

"Mummy's dead."