To Lose A Parent

I sat in the Balmoral garden wondering how I am going to break the news to Rose. She looked so happy playing with her cousins. How could I break her heart the way mine broke all those years ago.

"There is no easy way to tell a child that their parent is no longer coming home. Especially a parent that has been as involved in the childs life like Roman has been involved in Rosalie's."  The Duke of Cambridge said placing his hand on his sisters.

"She so innocent. She believes the boogeyman is just misunderstood."

"You say it the best way you know how." Harry said getting up from his seat. He walked over to his niece telling her her mother want to talk to her.

"Yes Mama?" Rose asked climbing onto her mother's lap. Rose glanced to William who decided to give the two some time to themselves.

"I have to talk to you about something important."

"Is this because Daddy died?" Rose asked shocked DeAnn.

"Who told you this?"

"I heard the workers talk about it." She replied "They seemed very sad."

"Yeah well they all loved your Daddy very much." DeAnn explained keeping her emotional in check.

"I love him more. He is my Daddy." DeAnn couldn't help but let out a laugh at Rosalie's words.

"And he loved you very much."

"Mummy does the word died mean?" That's why she was taking everything so calm. She didn't understand what it meant.

"When someones heart stop they die. Sometimes it is just for a minute other times it's forever."

"Did Daddy only die for a minute?"

"No baby he died forever."

"Now when is he coming home?"

"His not coming home anymore baby girl." DeAnn whipping the tear that fell before Rose could see.

"Then how is he going to give me lovies and how am I going to talk to him?"

"You can still talk to him."

"Like on the phone."

"Yeah kinda like that but he won't reply or rather you won't hear him reply." With a grin she jumped from her mothers lap.

"Okay. I go play now." DeAnn nob at her daughter. Rose rushed away to go play with her cousins and Uncle's.

"How did it go?" The Queen asked taking a seat next to DeAnn.

"I don't think she really understand what's happening. However Roman gave her this talk before he left. The military one." DeAnn sigh placing her face in her hand.

"Rosalie is strong a fight like her parents she is going to survive this. I believe this so should you."