Deployment

Deployment...

Princess Rosalie ran to her father the Duke of Kensington with open arms.

"Daddy!" The one and a half years old yell jumping in her father's arms. "I missed you."

"I missed you too Princess." DeAnn appeared at the door looking at her husband with a raised eyebrow.

"Hey Major why don't you read what her shirt says."

Roman place Rose on the ground reading what her shirt read. "Worlds best big sister. I don't get it."

"You so slow. I'm pregnant." She laughed at his face. It went from happy to sadness. "It's not going to be like with Matthew, Roman."

"I know it's not that. I'm happy I truly am. I just won't be here to experience it for a while."

"Rose go and watch some telly Daddy will be right with you."

"Okay." She said running to the telly room.

"What do you mean."

"I'm getting deployed. Iraq needs medical personnel and I got called up."

"What about Rose? How are we going to explain this to her. I could ask the Queen to-"

"No we are not. Those men need my help and I'm going. I already gave my approval." It was like a wind got knocked out of DeAnn at his words.

"Without discussing it with me first?"

"I'm sorry they needed a answered ASAP plus I always said I would go back."

"That was before we had a one year old and another one on the way." She hiss.

"DeAnn."

"When are you leaving?"  Closing her eyes she hoped they still had a few months left.

"Friday."

"Then you better spend as much time as possible with Rose."

"Yeah." The two just stared at each other before Roman pushed DeAnn up against the wall. "I'll miss you."

"I'll miss you too."