The Story Of What Once Was

The two of Royals sat on the balcony of Kensington palace looking over at the tourist coming for a tour of there house.

"They look like ants." Kate laugh looking down at the tourist.

"When I was little my mum and I would try to count how many there was."

"Could you set a number?"

"No." The two laughed DeAnn's pout. "It was fun though."

"So your mum's death. I remember I was in church when I first heard. The minister said we should take a minute to say a prayer for  Diana Princess of Wales and her children who has just lost their mum." Kate told DeAnn.

"The day of the accident she was going to come to South Africa. That's where I was with my uncle Charles. I was working at the Red Cross War Memorial hospital helping out. You know learing more about Aids and Cancer. I was to show her around. 

My uncle came to my room a little over twelve am telling me to pack my clothes, that I am needed at Balmoral. I couldn't understand why. My cousin's eyes where red. I thought it was from the lack of sleep. They looked at me with such sympathy like they knew something I didn't. I asked what was wrong, why where they looking at me like this. Kitty answered telling me I look like crap.

My uncle told me to go to sleep, that I would need my energy. When I awoke I was in a room in Balmoral with Gran sitting in the corner of the room. She replayed a conversation we had a year earlier. Me telling her the press would cause someone's death one day. Unfortunately I was correct and the life they took was my mum's. To top it off instead of helping her get out of the car they stood on it to take pictures. Those pictures where never published. Every country leader demanded the pictures or the publication that will be closed down after being order to pay a large amount of money... All this at Grans request of course. That week everyone was at Balmoral doing damage control. Everyone had a roll to play but the public never saw this. Instead they saw the front everyone put up.

Then we got news of aunt Teresa."

"Aunt Teresa?"

"Mother Teresa you know the Saint."

"You knew mother Teresa."

"Of course and I loved her so much. She was, is such a kind soul. She teached me so much." DeAnn trailed off before snapping back to what she was talking about.

"Anyway the day before the funeral we had to go and shake hands with people who told us how sorry they where. Camera being pressed in our faces because it's what the public wanted. They didn't even know her. I wanted to scream at everyone instead I smiled and said thank you. The next week I returned to my duties in South Africa. At night I cried myself to sleep without anyone knowledge. So that's my story. "

"I'm so sorry Kate whispered. DeAnn turned her head to her sister-in-law who had blood shot eyes

"Stop crying. You going to cause me want to cry."  Letting out a laugh Kate nob whipping away her tears.

"Sorry."

"And stop saying sorry." DeAnn instucted.

"Sorry."

The two Royals laugh at the unstoppable sorry that flows from Kates mouth. "Catherine!"

"Right sorry."

Placing her head in her Hands DeAnn glance at Kate who was trying not to laugh.

"That was an accident."

"Just stop talking before you apologies again."