The Fight That Made Her Grow Up

The Fight That Made Her Grow up...

DeAnn walked into the apartment where she lived with her parents and brothers.  The boys where still outside playing. DeAnn however had enough of the sun.

Unfortunately for her she arrived in the middle of a screaming match between her parents.

"Maybe you should spend more time at home instead of chasing after Camila's dress." Diana said raising her voice slightly enough for DeAnn to hear from where she stood.

"What more do you want from me? I married you did I not?" Charles asked

"I want you to be here. I want you to spend time with your children. Do you even know when you saw them last. DeAnn ask about you constantly."

"Can you listen to me?"

"What could you possibly have to add to this conversation?" Diana shout and then it was just silent.

"DeAnn."  Diana and Charles both said not expecting to see their daughter. She is suppose to be playing in the garden.

"Mummy, Daddy why are you yelling?" She asked

"Why are you not outside with William and Harry?" Diana ignored the question.

"I'm tired. I think I am ready for my afternoon nap."  DeAnn replied glancing at her father who have yet to speak.

"Then go ahead. I will call you for lunch. Close the door behind you."

"Okay."

Half an hour later DeAnn heard the front door slam shut. Then she heard her mother cry.She made her way to the bathroom door sliding down to the floor.

"Mummy please don't cry. I don't like to see you sad." Diana pressed her hand over her mouth to drown her cries.

"I'm fine baby. Why don't you go to your bedroom." 

"Okay." She replied but didn't move. She sat still where she was.

"DeAnn?" Instead of replying DeAnn decided to stay silence. Diana let out a breath of releave before bursting into tears again.

A hour later Diana opened the bathroom door finding her daughter sitting infront of the door.

"DeAnn."

"Mummy are you sad because Daddy yelled?" 

"No, yes but don't you worry about it. It's nothing serious." Diana replied to her daughters question.

"You promise."

"I promise."  She promised something both her and DeAnn knew was a lie.

"I really don't like when you and Daddy fight. I don't like that he makes you cry. I don't like it that his not happy with us."

"Hey you father loves you and your brother's very much. His just busy at the moment.?"

"I don't live under a rock Mummy. Even if you try and protect me I will always know what is happening."

"You are a child so be a child and don't worry about grown-up problems." Diana instructed her daughter. DeAnn rolled her eyes at the mum's words.

"DeAnn."

"I just wish you would stop hurting one another and be happy. Together or separate."