Chapter 3

It's a bit after seven at night and I open the book I am reading. I have believe it or not made it a few chapters through and the book is keeping me interested, which is a both weird and a relief for me. But I wanted to keep reading, make the commitement you know.

Anyways, back to the story here!

It's the next morning after my date with Ben and I am asleep in my bed. Cuddled in my cozy bed and just dreaming away. Can't remember the dream but I really don't want to. It did take me a while to finally fall asleep but I finally did it. It was a bit like a remorse sleep. I mean I am sorry, as Ben was, I just couldn't' see us together.

Suddenly my ears pick up a slight sound. Something moving as my bedroom door creaks open, I can hear someone walk by but I am too tired to take notice. I hate being a light sleeper, but it's just how it is for me. In a flash, the curtains open and the sun slams in my eyes. Yikes, I wasn't prepared for that. What time is it? I slowly and groggily turn over as my clock reads 7:02 AM and my mum passes by the front of my bed. And who's the culprit to do this to me? Wake me up at 7:00 AM in the morning? Only one person! My mother!

"Bloody hell Mum, are you crazy? It's too early" I tell her. I can't even muster the energy to take the blanket off as my mom casually walks around my room.

"It's 7am sweetie, the day is almost done" she tells me in a sarcastic tone. "Up now Sienna."

"Oh mum" I really didn't to get up.

"No fussing" she shoots back.

"I was up late studying trig, I just want to sleep another hour" I say, still in bed, making no effort to get up. That sun is really bright, hitting my pupils straight on. I let out a big yawn. Maybe I should put post-it notes all over her room to let her know not to wake me. But knowing my mom, she'll toss them out and still wake me up. Why? Because my mom has a wicked sense of humor sometimes and it kicks in the most inopportune times.

"Oh no young lady, you gotta start packing. You're leaving in two days."

"I will I will."

"You said that last week."

"Packing for a trip requires strategic planning."

My mom gives me a look as she stands over me now and peers down. "Are you serious Sienna?"

I sit up, but fall back down again, I have no energy right now. I don't even remember how late I studied.

"Come on Sienna, I am not gonna do this right now and I have things to do. Move your butt young" my mom pulls the covers, exposing me in my pj's. I quickly protest, pulling the covers back.I didn't want my mom seeing me in my pj's and I really did want to sleep a bit longer.

"Mum, I am like almost naked" I over exaggerated. I was actually in a light colored pajama that ran all the way down to my knees with a pair of undies on and socks.

"Oh please, it's not like you have something I've never seen, now get up" she demands.

"Thirty minutes then. Let me sleep thirty minutes."

"No."

"Ten?"

"No" she stands her ground and I pout. My mom was not the bargaining type, or I just sucked at it. I don't know, but any time things like this happened, I never one. "Besides, by the time you fall asleep those ten minutes will be gone. Now up young lady!"

I gave up, I knew I wasn't going to win this one, not today. Note to self, might not be the best idea to stay up past 2 am and study for trig if I am getting up early next morning and planning a move. "Ok ok, I am getting up" I say in a protesting manner. My feet touch the floor and I yawn, stretching my arms and start to walk away. From behind I feel something hit me and force me forward, It's my mom hitting me with my own pillow as she holds it in her hand. "Move those pistons and keep going."