Chapter 15

We left the restaurant, it was 9:37 PM as per my phone and headed to Jake's car. We were now closer than ever. We had made a vow to each other, to never leave each other or forget each other. Even when I went to England, Jake was going to be a priority for me and I a priority to him. We took this very seriously, the both of us. This was a real relationship...which I still thought was based on a strange attraction but I accepted. I had to. Jake is who I was hoping to meet all my life and it's come true. A true love. A non-potential. We held hands the whole way towards the car. We had sealed the deal tonight.

The parking lot was empty since we were the last ones who had left the place. Considering most of the people in the restaurant were business people and woke up early they didn't stay too late. It was dark out too, well at this time of the night it would be as we reached Jake's car and he pulled out his keys and then he looked at me.

"You tired?" he asked.

Believe it or not, no I wasn't. "No I am good" I replied with lots of energy in me. Despite all the wine I had, ok it wasn't like a lot of wine but still a fair amount to my standards, I was good. "Why what's up?" I asked him.

"You wanna go home to or come to my place for a bit?"

I thought it over. I had a late class so why not and I think it was time to take this to the next step. "I can come to you."

Jake smiled. "Awesome" and he fumbled with the key to open the door. Looks like he had a bit more to drink than he had realized.

'You good?" I asked him.

"Ya I am not drunk but I still think I might have had a bit more than wanted to drink.

I took the keys from his hand.

"Let me" I told him and opened the car door.

"How about you drive...just in case" he offered.

"Sure" I didn't mind and as I was about to place my foot into the car, a voice close to us caught our attention which was funny. I mean there was no one here but us.

"Hey" some guy called out to us and we both turned and looked his way. He was a couple feet away from us, it was dark and I couldn't really make him out as he walked towards us. I thought he might have been a restaurant worker, maybe we had forgotten something back inside and he followed us to let us know. But the closer he got, the more I realized he wasn't from the restaurant.

Jake, sensing something was up, came round closer to me. "Can I help you?"

"Uh ya" the guy stopped. He was a bit shorter than Jake, he had thinning hair, a beard, and a bit of a belly. He was definitely not from the restaurant considering he was wearing jeans a sweater. "I saw you guys coming from there" he pointed at the restaurant."

Jake was really concentrated now. He was sharp as he looked at the guy, marking his movements if he attempted to make any. "What about it?" he asked. It seemed odd that late in the night we were being approached by some guy in an abandoned parking lot.

The guy shrugged. "Uh....just wondering if you have spare change for some food that's all."

Oh, a homeless guy. Phew, nothing big. Ya ok we'll just give him some change and he'll be on his way. Thank god. I thought it was something else. I pulled my purse open but for some reason, Jake looked at me and shook his head no. When Jake shakes his head no, he knows something I don't.

"So?" the homeless guy asked. "You gonna hook me up here bud?"

"Nah" Jake rejected him. "Move along man. Ask someone else" he told him. He was being a smart ass as there was no one else here.