Chapter 16

I had about an hour spare so I opened up that book to read a bit more. Halfway through, things were getting very interesting to me. I gotta admit, never judge a book by a cover.

Anyways, time to move forward.

It was a Saturday morning, I woke up with a massive yawn and took a nice long piss and farted too. Yep, thought I would share that with you all. Had to do some grocery shopping regardless and clean up. I wasn't meeting Jake around 6:30 PM so it gave me time to do what I needed to before we met.

So today was a big day for me, well another big day actually. I am going to meet Jake's parents. His father is Richard and his mother is Melissa. Obviously I know his father is a cop and his mother is a financial specialist. They met on a cruise many many years ago and fell in love. As per Jake, they lived in an upper scale area of Chicago. The elite as he Jake called it. His parents, despite having money, were not snobby or anything Jake wanted me to know. They were actually quite humble. Jake was really excited to introduce me to them.

In a way, even though I haven't met them yet I kinda compared them to my parents. We lived in a nice area too but they were quite humble. I like humble people, more my type. Jake was quite humble too. Obviously we know now why so I don't need to go into it.

But before anything else I needed to get another task done. One thing though, I really need to talk to Christie again. We hadn't spoken for a few days...actually since our dinner with Jake. I was afraid she must have felt bad that we took her there and Collin hadn't come with us. I don't think so. I couldn't see Christie was like that...and I had neglected her too. I had spent a lot of time with Jake. Even with the coffee shop below me, I had been so consumed with being with Jake that I picked up my cell phone and texted her. Initiate the contact.

'Hey, how you been, sorry for the lack of communication' I sent.

I waited a few minutes, nothing.

'Hey, is everything ok?' I started to get more concerned. This was not like her. I waited a bit more. But I finally had enough after five minutes, I called her cell phone but it went to voicemail. I still had time so I went downstairs. The girl serving behind the counter Tabatha knew me well.

"Hey is Christie around?" I asked.

"Oh she had uhmmm...." she took a second. "I think she had a family emergency."

"Oh!" I was somewhat shocked to hear. I hope it wasn't anything big. "Have you seen her lately?"

Tabatha served a costumer tea and came back to me. "Uh...she's been away for like a week."

"I see."

"If I see her Sienna, I'll her to call you."

Guess I'll have to wait and hopefully hear from her soon. "Would you please?"

"I am sure it's nothing big. Don't worry" and a line up started at the counter so I thanked Tabatha and went on my way. I didn't think anything big about it. I mean I did my part for now and texted her. Regardless I decided to take a shower and get ready. I had less than forty-five minutes left so it was best to make it quick. After the shower I put on dress pants and blouse. Jake had told me not to make it too formal, so I promised I wouldn't. But one thing I did, I put on some lipstick. Deep red. I hadn't worn lipstick for a long time so when I put I on and looked in the mirror my lips had gone beet red like roses. It wasn't like me, the look of the blood-red lipstick and I quickly grabbed a Kleenex to clean it off but then for some reason, I decided not to. Let's see how Jake would react.

Anyways, I put on my bra and shirt and my pants and added a little makeup for touch-up. I took a look at my phone too. Texts were empty from Christie. Damn, where was this girl? How come she didn't tell me about this family emergency? It must have been something big if she couldn't' even tell me about it.