Chapter 4

One day, one day before I am to leave for Chicago and either my life will change forever or it won't change at all. But I was still very optimistic all the way. I knew something special was ahead for me. What quite? I don't know yet. I am not a bloody psychic. But in my heart I knew it and yet I was very nervous. I mean I had never travelled out of the country before let alone on my own so this was for me very new. I had made a deal with my mom, I would call her or facetime her once a week and I planned to do so. It was fair and it kept her off my back. Well ok it was my mom and dad I had to talk to once a week but knowing my dad my mom would show more interest. Not that my dad wasn't interested whatsoever, he just never really got involved in these things.

So here I was a day away and super nervous that finally decided to look over my course schedule. Yep, I hadn't even bothered until today to do so. Just like I procrastinated on getting my suitcase ready I procrastinated on this as well as my laptop booted up and I logged into the university and faculty-student login site and my profile came up. My eyes scanned over my courses, trig was there, oh yes a smile crept over my face. I knew I would excel in that and then my eyes saw something out of the ordinary. History? How did this get in here? A weird choice I thought but I guess we all go those weird courses we never wanted. The odd one here and there. Thankfully no physical education or anything physical at all. But then again in university we never have to as we control what we want to take.

In high school I was very self-conscious of myself. I never really participated in any of the physical education classes which you know as gym class in North America. I mean I took them and all but I never actually did them. I just kind of stood around and watched. Which of course it garnered me a failing mark all the time. Being awkward and all and an extrovert I just never saw myself getting involved much. My parents intervened when the school wanted to know why I never really did much and they told the school its how I was. That is until Mandy Hough got involved.

You see every school has a Mandy Hough. The total bitch as I call her who has to impose her will on others because they never said anything to her. She loved to prey on weak people, it was her only gratification in life. Tall, blonde, good looks, big boobs, the total valley girl. She had it all along with friend entourage, she was the queen bee. I mean you had to see it to believe it. When I tell you it sounds ridiculous but unfortunately it wasn't, not one bit. I didn't know her personally, but this girl lived up to every nasty girl and villain you ever saw in a movie or heard about in real life. The stuck up nasty little creature who had her own crew with her all the time. I mean I am not kidding you, when you saw her you had to rub your eyes because you thought that shit only happened in movies. But nope, Mandy was the real deal. She prided on being a bitch to anyone and everyone and picked on people like me. I mean I ignored her quite often as I didn't have the social skills to stand up to her or the nerves.

In fact I don't think many of the girls in the school did. Or boys for that matter too. She was just too powerful with her money and good looks and so on. She just trounced over everyone so easily it was like nothing to her. Someone had to crack under her pressure one day and do something. An unlikely hero had to rise from the ashes of the fallen and take on Mandy. Who would it be? We all thought it was going to be a teacher as her reputation had gotten that far. I am telling you, every cliche you've seen and heard of from school and movies and dramas on the telly and she lived up to them like no tomorrow. It was like a movie in our school half the time with her. All you really needed was a camera and director and it pretty much completed the package.

But of course, even a bitch like Mandy has her day, and that day came for her. I was in the bathroom and had just relieved myself when I stepped out of the stall to my utter shock or more like the utter annoyance that she and her friends were there. They were talking about guys that had slept with and how big their penises were and putting them down. They not only lived the part, but talked it too as I remember vividly how they described their body parts and what they were like in bed. Name after name they were spewing out as I washed my hands and not a single good thing to say about any of these guys they had slept with. I felt sorry for them, even more that they had the unpleasure experience of sleeping with these girls. Of course, at some point, Mandy had turned her attention to me.