Chapter 26

The alarm went off. I know that that means. Get my ass out of bed! Ugh... why was waking up such a struggle for me? Why? My mom even said the same words to me often. My eyes opened and there was a bright light shining directly into my face from the curtains pulled. Thanks Jake, thanks a lot. I can count on you to make sure I wake up. And no, the other day was different only because you were recovering and I had to pull you out of bed. Other than that, it is usually Jake up early and about before me. Sometimes he woke up as early as 4:00 am and did a few hundred push-ups. Now I know why he recovered so fast. My out of shape ass couldn't even do ten, and he just ran circles around me. But then again, you don't become the captain of the football team if you don't stay in shape, and Jake....whoa...was he ever. Sorry, going off on a tangent there but you get the point.

I slowly moved and shuffled my body to a sitting position. It took a while, but finally my ass did it. Cue in those fireworks! Believe it or not I actually felt accomplished when I did it. Kind of sad huh? But why was I like this today?

Because I woke up bummed today, really bummed. I was not happy what Christie had told me as I finally sat up and sat on the bed. My mind was on her most of the night and I didn't sleep well. I just can't believe what she told me about going back to Collin. I mean what the hell could he offer her? The more I thought about it, the more I wanted to choke him. The more I thought about it, the more I wanted to choke her...hell I'd choke myself right now if I could. Ugghhh....

Jake was gone already, he had again more of football practice with the championship looming ahead. His arm was great from despite the slash from the wolf. He told me he never felt so good and was ready to win. I was happy for him, very happy. He was living the dream like I was too. He was doing great in school, he was primed and ready for the varsity games and he knew in his heart he would win...or do his best. Jake was never overzealous, he was realistic. This was the first time his team had made this far. He had been with his team now for three years but he didn't even make past the preliminaries. Well that was because he was not the quarterback either. Once he switched over, and please bare with me as I don't still know the specifics of the game despite the fact that he has told me all of it a few times. Anyways, regardless, I know the ball is tossed, someone gets it and then runs to the other end of the field to make the touch down while other guys try to stop him. That's the basics and that's all I need to know. Nothing more...plus all those intricacies in between were not for me.

I know, this is not the most fun thing to talk about but right now it's what's happening to me today. But I was just really pissed off right now. So pissed off that I decided to skip my first class and not go in until 10:00 am. Jake was cool with and calmer. I mean he didn't like it either but with the game around the corner I didn't want to kill his concentration or ruin it. I let it be for now, and just kept it in. His mind was too sharp for me to keep pressing the subject and like he promised, he was going to take care of Collin after the game which was not too far away. But still, it gave Collin time to do some damage.

Bah! Fuck it.... I need to move on for now. I got up and stretched and yawned as I opened the curtains in the room and walked to the kitchen and began boiling water. I wanted something to eat and I looked inside the fridge. Well, we had fucking peanut butter, jam, bread....and potatoes. High protein stuff. You know, I could have sworn we had more things. We really need to do more grocery shopping. Partially because Jake has a bottomless pit for a human being and food never lasted around him. I swear, there was food in this fridge just yesterday. But then again, he's a growing boy so I am not surprised. My dad had a healthy appetite, but damn Jake would run circles around him. Big time. I closed the fridge door and looked around. I wanted something more... I wanted something sweet in my mouth. I quickly took the kettle off the stove before it started to boil al the way and then stood there and thought it over. Hmm....what did I want. I wanted something sweet.... I wanted a mocha latte! Yes, you read that right people, a mocha latte. I've only had like...hmm....3...so I think one more is ok. I mean I wasn't addicted to them just a treat here and there like being on a strict diet. And something sweet to go with too...one of those doughnuts. My stomach gurgled a bit to the sound of that. Oh yea, I really hankering for something sweet. Right now I could eat so many sweets that my teeth would fall out...which would not be the most attractive thing in the world. I mean me smiling with all my teeth out... oh ya that would turn Jake on. A big smile and no teeth? Only gum? Oh sweet Jesus I just had a mental image of it my self and scared myself half to death. I kind of wanted my teeth, all of my teeth. Ya....but I still wanted some sweet. Gotta curb that sweet tooth.