Chapter 11

I was bored so I pulled out that novel again to read more of it. The last chapter was a bit interesting but this one was supposed to get better.

Anyways, it was Tuesday, manscaping day as I called it which was both excited and nervous. I have never done anything like this to myself. I mean shaving was it for me, nothing beyond that. And staring at my vagina in the mirror this morning it did not look flattering. Oh dear god, if I didn't approve of my nether region, I have no idea what Jake would think if it ever came to that. There were stubbles all over from my last shave so I think this would do me many favors. Seriously, all of these stubbles looked like I had small hills all over my vagina area. Ugggh....not very pleasing or attractive. There was no way I am going meet Jake in an unflattering manner. I mean I know it wasn't going to progress to sex or anything on a first meet but I just wanted to make sure I was my best when I met him regardless of how this coffee date went.

I had talked to Christie about getting my bikini waxed and she totally understood why. Well I mean what woman won't?

"Been a while?" she asked and I admitted it. I mean I wasn't go lie to her. If she saw what was between my legs she literally drag me there. "Ya it happens to me sometimes even though me and Collin you know...so I have to do it."

I was stunned "Really?" I thought she took better care of herself. Well she probably did, more than me for sure.

"Well it's not something I recommend weekly. I mean once you've done this then you're good for a while" which made me happy to hear. I honestly could not see myself doing this often. In fact, after I experience it I would determine if I ever wanted to do it again. The closest thing I ever came to even considering painful to my body was getting a tattoo and this was a while back. I just wanted something small on my leg or shoulder blade. So I went with Jenny one day and she got a tattoo on her shoulder. It was a few flowers across the back. But damn, once that tattoos started, the expression on Jenny's face completely turned me off from considering anything like that. The whole time she cringed, cried twice, and even almost past out once. I mean she was happy to get that but to me the pain wasn't worth it one bit. Sorry but I am gonna chicken out on that one. Tattoos, on the no-no list.

Anyways I met up Christie, she knew a great place that did exceptional work. It was a place further out in the downtown area of Chicago called La Chere. She's been there a couple of times and spoke highly and told me they're great with first timers which was good for me to hear. She picked me up from after classes as she had booked an appointment for me and we drove up. When whe got there she warned me, it does get painful. I shuddered hard, not knowing how painful this was or what I was really getting myself into. But I guess at some point in 2017 women all over did this so I might as well also. I mean we had the same procedure in England but I just didn't have any reason or motivation at the time to do it.

We entered the salon and sat down. The place was packed with women getting haircuts and nails done. Hairs beign washed and cut, blow dryers going, stylists walking back and forth between their clients and tables working fast. It was a bit early so Christie and I sat and waited. She picked up a magazine and began reading it as I just sat there and fidgeted on my chair, looking around. Oh man was I bloody nervous. Like really nervous. My heart rate was up and my lugs were thrumming up and down as well. So much so that Chrisite finally took notice.

Christie saw me breathing heavy. "Calm down."

I cudln't. I don't know why but I was just uber nervous. "I am nervous" I told her.

"I know but its fine. It's not surgery and plus it's mostly in your head."

She was right, most of the time we make a big deal out of simple things. So I nodded. "I'll try" I told her and my hand on my forehead. She went back to her magazine and I sat there just looking around. The salon was busy, there were women getting haircuts, nails done. Oh god the smell of that nail polish and whatever the hell it was they were using was strong. It was somewhat choking me along with my nervousness that I wanted out of this place. I do not know why I was so nervous. I just was. I finally had enough and looked her dead in the eyes.