Chapter 9

I woke up really early this morning, not sure why. The clock said 4:43 AM so I brewed a tea and sat down to read more of this book I. I had to admit, I was almost halfway into it now and it was really keeping my attention. Somewhat weird for me but I kept with it.

It's the second day of History and I am here. Actually I was here more for one reason. Jake....and well yes to study as well. Didn't want all that precious money my parents have spent to go to waste.

I got in and sat down, my eyes peered around for you know who. I didn't see him yet but I never gave up hope, not with him. I put my books on the table and looked ahead. Mrs. Brewford had come and sat down, we still had a few minutes until the class started so I didn't give up hope. Christie was working so she asked me to take notes so she can copy them later. Whether she will or not, I had no clue. She wasn't the first I did for. In England I did this with a few students because I barely ever missed any classes. So other students, the ones I trusted, would come up to me and ask me to borrow notes for classes. Usually I just photocopied them and gave it to them.

Anyways, I was losing track here. My mind wandered on Jake and where he was. That is of course if he was even coming in today at all. I hope so. The minutes to the class starting to get thinner, and I was beginning to lose hope.

"Ok class, please turn to page 43 of your textbook" Mrs. Brewford said out loud. I guess she didn't want to take attendance today. The doors to the classroom had been closed now and the history was in session. I bummed out though, thinking that any second now Jake would come through that door. "Today we're going to talk about the construction of pyramids" Brewford continued and suddenly the door opened and in he came. Oh my heart raced, it was JAKE! Dear god thank you, I owe you one. I bit my lip as he slowly made his way towards his chair but Mrs. Brewfords voice stopped him.

"Mr. Gallory, this class works on punctuality" she scorned him with her back to him.

"Uh..yes ma'am" he replied.

"Please take your seat" she told him and he quickly did so. I waited for it, you know, another acknowledgment.

To my surprise, Jake walked by me but didn't smile or anything this time. He just simply took a seat where he always sat and didn't even bother. Was it over already? I mean I know he was late and all but how long does it take to throw a simple smile. Did I read too much into the first one? Maybe Christie was right? Maybe I was overbearing and ruined it all. A smile and a wink could have just meant he was acknowledging me as the new student in the class. A massive wave of disappointment hit me. I mean he didn't even look in my direction or anything. He just sat there and looked ahead. Ya sure, trade a fist bump with your friend but forget me completely huh?

I grew a bit furious, I was actually in the mood and mindset to get up and go over to him and be like 'Where's my fist bump?'. Bu then common sense hit me and I calmed down. Acting all psycho and stuff wasn't going to gain me anything. I guess sometimes things happen for a reason. My obsession was starting to take over and I need to slow down. Damage control! The words ran in my head. I didn't want to do that. I calmed and just took a few deep breaths. Things happen Sienna, and being patient and showing some reserve will pay off. I don't own Jake and he has every right to acknowledge me or not. I am not the center of his universe. Not ye anyways I thought devilishly.

I reconcentrated on writing down what my teacher was saying. In fact, I didn't even look in Jake's direction. I had already shown him some interest and he acknowledged it. Now it's up to him to do so. I mean it was hard not looking in his direction. It took all my own reserve to do so but I did it as the class went along. Minute by minute, my eyes peered forward. I kept concentrated but the pressure was building up. Inside me, I don't' know why, this whole starting forward and not looking at Jake began to feel very fake, too fake. It's not what I wanted, physically and subconsciously. But I kept trying. Come one Sienna, you can do this. It's not that hard I told myself. But I was slowly caving in, more and more. It was weird, at first it felt this was not an issue but then the pressure mounted inside me. I didn't know what to do. I mean this was beginning to run my life which was not a good thing. Previous encounters with boys would tell you that I had a sense of control but not. I didn't.