Chapter 10

My second week of university had started. Time was just flying by in a sense but regardless I was happy. Thankfully Jake wasn't in all my classes and even though I wanted him to be I would not be paying the attention required to do my studies. We had exchanged a few looks on Friday and that was enough for me. I was taking into heart a bit of what Christie was telling me and playing it safe. I mean I trusted Jake in a sense but his presence didn't control me in a sense like it did at first and I was more calm. I wanted something to still happen to us, like an actual conversation or anything like that. I mean in a week it will be three weeks for me here and time was winding down but I just didn't want to push it anymore. Let things play out on their own.

But thankfully today I had history again so let's see where things went. I entered first, it was a bit empty as I was early and Mrs. Brewford hadn't come in yet so I just put my knapsack down and took a seat. I had a tea in my hand, which I was not carrying around in a thermos, and took sips from it. I had upgraded to a second cup of tea in the morning which I don't know why....but I just did. I actually never used a thermos before so this was kind of new to me. All my tea was either made and drank on the spot or I kept it in a cup.

Anyway it wasn't long before more and more students began pouring as Mrs. Brewford came in and so did Jake, who was early today more than usual and wasn't with his friends. He took walked by me and looked at me, gave me a wink and sat down. Ohhhhh...my heart melted. Come on boy, can we go beyond the winking and smiling. I want an actual conversation. Even a hello to each other was a step forward. I don't know if it was the tea or what, but I actually worked up the courage to want to get up and say hi to him. This had to progress now or never. My two legs began to move from my chair towards him and I was about to stand up when the last bunch of students came and poured in. Damn! I should have moved a bit faster but oh well. I put my legs back and pouted in my head. I should have moved, I had the chance but I am not about to do anything in front of a whole bunch of people or let alone a classroom full them. No way! Too scary and I didn't want to look like an ass.

Anyways, class started and we opened our books and began writing. But in my head, I wanted to move this forward. Something told me I could. One thing for sure, Jake's friends weren't in today with him so I think I might even be able to talk to him privately. You know, say 'Hi, I am Sienna'. Hopefully he'll reply which I think he will.

But for some reason history class today was different as it progressed along. At one point Jake gave me a smile...and a small wave. Woah! A wave! I froze, didn't know how to respond. Like seriously I talk a big game but for some reason, I turned into a statue in front of him. I gave him a smile back, but that was it. Oh please no, I hope he didn't take my lack of response negative.

Well he didn't because Jake and I exchanged looks today many times during class. It seemed so natural that I didn't even have to think of it. I mean I was thinking I was so shy I'd just not work up the courage but it wasn't like that. Throughout the history class, I made a glance which he caught and then smiled. Or he did the same and I smiled. Back and forth we went and I was smiling on the inside big time. My vagina tingled too from happiness. Yes I know you don't want me to share something like but I didn't give a shit. Hell, my whole body tingled. Why? Because this was all out of nowhere. But now I understood the power of being a bit patient and giving someone space.

Like there was some serious progress here ladies and gentleman and I was liking it. I mean he had anyone he could smile at but he chose me and I wasn't going to complain now. A few days of nothing and now this. Maybe he was shy like me in his own way? I should have considered this for sure but I didn't. Ok, I'll admit. I was a bit selfish about this whole thing. I thought more about why Jake is not reacting to me rather than how he would. But now I know, he shares some feelings for me. I was super excited though, so excited that my hand shook a bit as I wrote in my book and my writing wasn't exactly the best of quality.