Chapter 7

I got cozied up on the chair and began to read more of this book. I was already a few chapters in and it was actually still keeping my interest.

The story, my story, moves forward.

I had survived my first day in Chicago, and just like any normal child, I forgot to keep my priorities and facetime my parents when I had landed. My phone showed a few miss calls so it was best that I contact them before they think I am dead or something bad had happened to me. Well, it was time to do so as I pulled out my tablet. I wanted to facetime them as I thought that would be more interactive than just calling them. I rang up my mom and waited for her to answer. Being Saturday, I was able to do this. It was 7:30 AM here which pretty much means it's about 5:30 pm back in England.

My mom was way more tech savvy than my dad. He barely understood technology and anytime he had an issue with his computer it was either me or my mom coming in to help him out and saving him. I mean he could use a laptop and function certain things, but in his heart, he was old school. His grandparents were from Scotland and they were very old school. They immigrated to north England and that's how my dad came to be. But his parents were somewhat old school too. They had only one tv in the house as he grew up. No video game systems or even a microwave. My grandma, his mom, grew her own stuff that she could. Cooked all meals, never used a microwave and despised one. In fact, she had a bike and refused to use a car. She biked pretty much everywhere she could. My grandpa, his dad, was a bit better, he had a car and so on, and tried to accept technology the way he could but they were brought up old school so it was hard.

My mom was way different. Being a lawyer negated that she was brought up on new things and terminology and technology. She did a lot of criminal cases that forced to her learn new things. I mean you wouldn't talk about DNA in your case you didn't understand how the DNA process was made. She had to learn a whole bunch of technology stuff because technology was used in everyday cases so often. From cell phone tracking to guns, to computer usage and so on, my mom always made it part of her routine to learn as much as possible.

She loved her tablet though, I think she was on her fifth one by now. She always bought a new one every six months and gave me one of her older ones. She also gave oen to Jenny when she didn't need it, and even tried to give my dad one but he refused, saying he had his limit at cellphones and that's it.

Anyways, I rang up my mom and her face came on my tablet. We had of course pre-arranged all of this.

"Hey mom" I blew her a kiss.

"Sienna, you were to call us when you landed" She didn't sound too happy.

"Ya I was just tired an all" I could see my dad in the background drinking his coffee and standing behind her. He slightly shook his head in displeasure with my answer. Ok guys, it was a bad to thing do to but it's not the end of the world.

"Sienna, that was very irresponsible of you" my mom chastised me as my dad sat next to her. They were in the kitchen, I could tell by the cupboards in the background.

"Sorry mom."

"Sorry is not the answer" my dad said, which I could barely even see him on the screen.

"Dad, shift a bit to the right" I instructed him and he did. "Better, now I can see you."

He just shook his head a bit, but he had a little smile on his face. Basically calling me a bad girl but like me, he never took certain things serious. My dad and I had a weird dynamic, we never took much serious. I mean we did, but certain things, we just laughed at them because we knew how stupid we were in doing stupid things.