Chapter 19

I talked to Christie today. It was good to do so, but I could tell by her voice she was still under stress. Who wouldn't be after what she had gone through? I offered to meet her but she wanted her space for a bit. I didn't blame her not take it personally. She was off work for a while and a few girls had stepped up to take over her shifts. She was going to be a while before she would work, or let alone be away from her parents. Her mom and dad knew what had happened, and while Collin had made a half ass attempt at an apology and claiming that he was in rehab, they did not really buy it. Apparently, his father had stepped in also. From what it looked like, Collin was getting away with because 'apparently' as per his father, when Christie slapped him, she was the instigator and took advantage of a drunk person. Can you believe this shit? This piece of shit was going to get away with is just like Jake had said so. If things went legal, Christie could actually lose the case because she laid her hands on Collin first and being she wasn't drunk she could have approached the issue differently. Yep, a woman standing up for herself was now considered a crime as per the legal system. Rubbish and bollocks, but that's how it was now.

Thankfully, a mutual agreement was made. Collin was not to go anywhere near Christie. Although I could tell in her voice she wasn't satisfied by this as she didn't really trust him I think in the whole spectrum of all of this it was better than nothing. I told Jake everything after our conversation. I felt bad, but I had to. I had no choice. He wasn't happy about it, I'll tell you that. But I mean what can we do about it? I certainly wasn't going to interfere in this matter in any way.

Anyways, I Jake had also lent me a second car he had, as he didn't want me around the city alone or walking. He wasn't trying to control me or anything, but playing it safe. In fact, I liked the idea of having a car as it gave me the opportunity to explore the city. Jake and I did keep communication every day, but he didn't micromanage my time or need to know my whereabouts. In addition, with the varsity championships coming up I wanted him to have a clear mind. He needed it.

As per Jake, I was going to stay at his place more often now as of course he didn't trust Collin one bit. I didn't either and it wasn't likely he was going to do anything against me but Jake didn't want to take any chances whatsoever. He wanted more communication from me too and I was fine with that. He even told me if I saw Collin by chance to just act normal which I agreed too. Not my thing but I was ok with it. I just wanted to slap Collin a few times in the face....and maybe stamp my heels into his eyes until they gush out blood and he screamed for his life....but I don't I could get away with something like that. He could I bet. But not me. And that wasn't me. I thought of violence against Collin...but I don't think I could bring physical harm to someone. Not in that sense. I guess just thinking about was enough for me. It gave me a sense of satisfaction.

He had waited for me after school and always met me after my last class, he would not meet me in the parking lot or outside, not that wasn't Jake, he met me as soon as I finished. I mean, some might think he was over exaggerating and all but I didn't think so. I mean he was just doing what any boyfriend would do...look out for his girl. I mean we got stares when we were together still but he didn't care and neither did I. We just live out our lives as is. Oh yes, now I can also call him my boyfriend as we had pretty much sealed the deal. And he had told me that regardless of me going to England, we were going to see each other. In fact, he had a facetime session with my parents the other day and they were quite impressed by him and his family. His mom has been asking me to come over again as Melissa really enjoyed my company.

So things were good on my end, but.... I always tend to think about Christie on and off. I mean she was not the same anymore. The jubilant girl I had met a few weeks back was gone. She was this depressed girl. Ok, not overly depressed as she had admitted to me she had gone through this stuff before with Collin and pulled through. God, I hate that name right now! I Curse that name! Fuck I don't even want to hear another child named Collin or I'll freak. But ok, deep breaths Sienna, deep breaths. I mean not all Collins are mean and abusive. Just not all Jake's are awesome....God I just hate that name right now. I had a mental image of him. Uggghhh....sorry, I know....it's not right. I just can't believe it. I mean this fucker had even warmed his way into my heart in a way and I trusted him. Well, I gotta be positive about this right now and for Christie's sake too.