Chapter 29

I had stayed away from Christie as Jake's request so that it wouldn't tie me to Collin once he did his thing. He didn't want anything to come back to either of us as he had planned this all through. For example, he never texted Collin about meeting him, he only told him verbally to make sure no phone records of any sort. Jake was always smart about these things planning out in every detail and intricacies. Even when Collin's body was dumped in the water his cellphone was in the bag too as water of course would just destroy it. He had parked Collin's car near a bridge the day after the body was tossed over. When Collins car was found and Jake had made it look like it had an accident where Collin was thrown into the water. I wasn't there when he did it, but that's how he planned it out. I didn't question anything or wanted to, didn't need to be involved beyond watching Collin taken care of. Jake's knowledge of accidents, forensics, police work and so on, all form his father, made it easy for him to plan out all of this. Like I mean he planned this to the last detail. Jake wasn't stupid enough to just kill Collin, someone with a social status, and not think things over. He even placed a few bottles of beer inside the car. The same ones he ran Collin's hand on to absorb his prints. Now I know why he did it.

Isn't it awesome that I have a guy who know what he's doing? Playing football, killing people, keeping our relationship happy....like fuck....I mean Jake couldn't surprise me anymore than he has already. Seriously! This exterior shell...that's all it really is a shell. When you get to know him you really see the good in him like I have. I am in love with Jake and have been since day one, he is the best thing that has happened to me. I know, some of you might think of me naïve or weird....like how can I love a man who murders people. But did you not read about why he did it? He has his reasons and they are fully justified. And might I remind you ladies to keep your hands off my Jake...he's mine and mine only. Sorry, but I am not gonna let him be taken from me. Even though I believe he won't. I don't settle for second best either like Christie did with Collin. Ok, that was not a fail assessment. She is just naïve herself. I came to my senses but she hasn't.

In fact, the night we took care of Collin, Christie texted me out of nowhere. I was a bit nervous but Jake was there with me so it made it easy to reply to her. With Jake, it made everything easy. We were like Bonnie and Clyde.

"Have you seen Collin?" she asked.

I could tell from her text it was urgent, just something about it. So I answered it. "I haven't seen him in a long time."

"We were supposed to have dinner tonight."

"Well what happened?"

"He was a no show."

"Is everything ok?"

"I don't know, he's not one to miss a dinner with me."

"Maybe he's just late."

"It's been 2 hours.'

"Try calling him."

"I did but he's cellphone isn't picking up."

Well yes, it's been dumped in the water with his body.

"Well, if I Jake hears anything from him I'll let you know."

"Please do" she told me.

But I just pretended I never saw him, that was my story all the time from now on. Like him and I haven' had contact in a long time. I mean I was a bit nervous about it all but it proved that Collin had never mentioned to anyone about meeting Jake. Good, so it made sure Jake was not involved. In anyway. Jake even coached me when I needed it but he was confident that I would never say or do anything out character to jeopardize this whole thing. Naturally, the police were going to start an investigation and that came the next day when his dad told him about it after overhearing it. Collin had been listed as missing and his family had started an investigation with law enforcement to find him. Naturally, Jake's dad asked him if he knew anything, Jake acted like him and Collin hadn't spoken in a while. He didn't make sound like they were not friends, just that communication had slowed down between them.