Chapter 13

I had some time so I read another chapter from the book I started. The last chapter got very interesting and my gut feeling was that it was about to pick up. Surprisingly, I was a third of the way through. The book was close to 400 pages, maybe a bit more, but still it kept my interest. I mean I could talk about the details of the book and so on....but I won't bore you.

Anyways, onwards we go!

It was a nice day today, not too cold, not too hot. Christie and I had gotten to the football field to sit down. I'll be honest, American football was not my thing one bit...but hey Jake is playing so I didn't give a shit. I wanna see my guy do what he does best. Play quarterback. In fact, I had to ask Christie what a quarterback does and she showed me a video on her laptop. It looked like a very important position in a team and I kept an open mind about it when it came to watching something that I hadn' t really had much interest in. I am expanding my horizons here and I didn't think Jake would think much of me if I couldn't even watch him practice one game.

The field was large though, and university stadium was pretty filled up. I mean for a practice game I think a good fifteen hundred people came out to watch these guys play. It was apparent that Jake's team was pretty important here even for practice.

"Loud bustards" I told Christie as she got closer to me, juggling her coffee in her hand as she slowly made her way down the steps. The spectators at practice were loud and boisterous even before any team had taken the field.

"They take this stuff pretty religiously" Christie told me as she had just come back from bathroom and sat next to me. Christie and I too seats close to the filed, I wanted a good view of Jake. She had a coffee and I had a tea, and we were surrounded by university students all over.

"I have never seen this many people in one environment" I told her somewhat excited and nervous. I mean I was never a big fan of big crowds but this.....this was something different.

"Trust me, I've been to actual games and this is nothing."

Oh great! Just what I needed to hear because I knew I would have to attend an actual game too someday. No doubt about it.

I took a sip of my tea to calm my nerves, tea always helped. I wasn't overly nervous, but it was there lingering in the background. "You a football fan?'

"Nah" Christie opened her coffee cup tab and took a big sip. A light wind was blowing through but it was wasn't a cold one or anything. We were all dressed in t-shirts regardless as it was still acceptable t-shirt weather. "It was never my sport."

"What is your sport?"

"Honestly?" she looked at me. "I don't have one."

"Don't worry, I wasn't much of a sporty type person myself" I told her. "I mean my idea of sport is how many trig questions I can finish quickly in a short amount of time."

Christie let out a small snort.

"Are you laughing?"

"I think it's cute, you know with all your nerdy stuff you like."

"I guess I am pretty nerdy huh?"

"Hey, don't let it bother you. It defines you."

She was right about that. But we must have been early as the field was still empty.

"Where the hell are the teams?"

"They'll come, easy Sienna."

"I know" I looked at my watch. It was a bit pas 2:00 pm. I wanted to see Jake.