#15 Hvitserk: Berserker

Sorry it's a shitty short one, but I've been busy lately but really wanted to post something :)
Andddd almost 3K reads aaahhhh!! Tysm!!! Keep on reading hehe and request are open! Plus request I don't mind love to make on aha
Xx
*YOUR POV*
"So what do you want me to do king Harald?" you ask. You stand in front of Halfdan and king Harald. "I want you to kill Hvitserk, you're a berserker you know what to do". Harald says. "I won't let you down" you say before leaving the room. "we are looking forward to your success!" Halfdan says. You nod and then walk away.

You had heard from someone that Hvitserk was high up in the snowy mountains. You packed your stuff and determined you went up the mountain to make an end to Hvitserk. You walk up the mountain and after a while you decide to set up camp.
The next morning I woke up and smelled the fresh air of the cold winter morning. I ate something and then I noticed something moving through the trees. I grabbed my weapons and walked into the direction of the sound.
You looked through the trees and saw someone making a campfire.
I looked closely at him and recognized Hvitserk. He was too focused on his campfire to notice me.
I tightened my grip on my weapons and came a little closer to Hvitserk, I hid behind a tree before he noticed me. I looked one more time at him before I made a plan to attack him.
My axe was already in my hand ready to throw it, but something in me didn't want to kill him.
I quickly hid behind the bushes before Hvitserk wouldn't notice me and quickly walked back to my own camp, while wondering why I didn't want to kill Hvitserk.
After a couple of hours you see Hvitserk leaving his position. You quickly pack your stuff and follow him without him noticing.
After a while of following him, Hvitserk decided to set up camp again and you decided to find a spot to set your camp up, but not too close to Hvitserk of course.
You set up camp, ate something and call it a night. Your last thought before falling asleep was Hvitserk.

*HVITSERK'S POV*
The next morning I woke up in the cold winter morning. I quickly made a fire and ate some breakfast. The whole time during this trip I felt like I was being watched. "glad I can almost go home" I whispered to myself.
I sat for a while when I suddenly hear a branch break. I loop up hoping for a deer, but nothing. I look suspicious, but then I continue eating.
After a while I hear a noise again. I stand up and start looking around. After a while I see a pair of eyes staring at me and then I see someone running away. I quickly run behind her and start screaming "stop!". I start to catch up, grab my axe and I jump on her. She falls to the ground and groans. She turns on her back and pushes me off her. I quickly grab her again, but she pushes me on my back. I groan loudly and look at her in her face. "kill me then!" I say. She looks at me determined and confused at the same time, but she doesn't kill me. "I don't want to kill you" she says. I push her on her back. "then why have you been following me for the past couple of days?" I ask, irritated. She looks at me and then nods "I got an order from king Harald to kill you, but I couldn't" she says. I look confused at her and loosen my grip a little. "so you're a berserker?" she nods. "then why couldn't you kill me?" I ask. She looks at me, a little ashamed. "because..... Because i-i like you" she says. I just look at her and push myself of her. "you like me?" I ask. She looks at me and smile. "yes, well I think you're interesting so I didn't feel the need to kill you" she says. I look at her a little confused but then I smile. "well since you didn't kill me, would you like to join me for dinner?" I ask. She laughs and then nods. She packs her stuff and then walks to my camp.

We've been talking for hours now and I really start to like Y/N. She's just someone who earns her money by killing. It's strange but I get it.
She explained to me why king Harald wanted me death and I made the conclusion that I need to "talk" with him if you know what I mean.
Y/N tells me about her family and her current situation.

"Y/N I know I just met you, but I start to like you and would like to get to know you better" I say. She looks at me hopeful. "Uhm... Would you like to go to Kattegat with me?"
She smiled and then nods "I would love to" she says.
We both start smiling and laughing and keep talking for the rest of the night until we both fall into a deep sleep.