#37 Ivar: Pull Back

Sooo it's been awhile. How is everyone holding up during this Corona virus crisis? 2020 officially sucks. I lost my job because of Covid-19 soo sorry if I won't post again for awhile but I need to look for a new job because money hehehe. Have fun reading and if you have a request I will happily write one for you.
Enjoy!
Xx

YOUR POV

"People of Kattegat, are we afraid to die?" Ivar ask in his speech.
"No" you hear from an enthusiastic crowd.
"No we are not!" Ivar says and stand up from his throne.
"King Olaf and his people are just sitting on their lazy asses. Not knowing that we are coming for them" Ivar screams.
Enthusiastic screaming is coming from the crowd.
"So are we ready!" Ivar screams.
"Yeah!" the crowd screams.
"then we shall attack tomorrow night, when they expect us the least" Ivar says.
"Yeah!" the crowd screams.
"Skoll" Ivar says and raises his glass.
"Skoll" the crowd chants.

Ivar walks over to our bedroom where I was getting ready to go to bed. Ivar sneaks up on me from behind and hugs me.
"Hey pretty" he says and gives me a kiss on my neck.
"Hey handsome" I say, turn around and kiss him on his lips.
"Ready for tomorrow?" he ask. I nod and smile.
"Never been more ready" I say.
"Good" Ivar says and slowly pushes me on the bed.
"you need to be ready" he says and he slowly starts kissing me over my entire body.
I chuckle and smile. "Oh Ivar" I say.
He smiles and kisses my forehead.
"I love you" he says. I kiss him. "I love you too" I say.
"Let's get to bed. Tomorrow is a big day and maybe even a bigger victory" Ivar says and kisses me on my cheek.
I nod and smile "a big day" I say and Ivar and I fall asleep in eachothers arms.

The next morning we sail off to Kings Olaf kingdom.
We set up camp on top of a mountain so we can take a good look at how we are going to attack.

(I know this is Kattegat, but for the story this is King Olaf his kingdom and this is what Ivar's army sees from the mountain)

"Okay so everyone understand the plan?" Ivar ask.
Everyone nods in agreement. "then that settles it, we shall attack at midnight" Ivar says.
Everyone nods. "Skoll!" Ivar says.
"Skoll" the crowd chants.

Ivar walks over to me. "are you okay with the plan?" He ask and strokes his fingers across my cheek.
I nod and smile and kisses his hand. "yeah I'm okay with it" I say.
"okay so you lead a part of our army through the water and I will lead my part of the army across land when you reach the beach" he says.
I nod and smile. "I'm ready" I say.
"you're are going to do great" he says and kisses my forehead.

Midnight arrives and I prepare myself to swim and fight. Ivar walks over to me.
"please be careful" he says. "I will, I'll see you after this" I say and kiss him. He nods and walks off so he can keep an eye on us.
My part of the army and I walk to a lower part of the mountain where we can jump safely in the water.
We jump into the water and start swimming.
"we are almost there" I say to keep the spirit up.
Suddenly we see an arrow flying through the air, but not towards us. I look at it confused. The burning arrow lands into the water and suddenly a wall of fire appears in front of us in the water. I look at it and I'm so confused how can I see a wall of fire in water?
"They know we are here, pull back!" I scream. Everyone is in awe of what they see. They can't believe it so they don't hear me at first. "Pull back" I scream at the top of my lungs.
A couple of them hear me and start to swim back as fast as they can and the rest follow their lead. Suddenly another flaming arrow is shot. I look at it and lands in the water and forms another wall of fire in the direction we were swimming towards.
We are surrounded by flames.
Panick starts to hit me and all I can think about is Ivar who sees this at top of the mountain.
Then Olaf his army starts shooting arrows at us. People are getting hit and dissappear under water.
"Get underwater now!" I say. Some people hear me and dive underwater and swim under the fire to a safe place.
I see people getting hit and people who are too scared to move.
"C'mon dive underwater and get yourself save!" I say.
Not all people are listening and I need to think about myself too. I have promised Ivar that I would come back and I need to keep that promise.
"screw it" i whisper to myself and I dive underwater.

IVAR'S POV

I give Y/N one last goodbye kiss and walk back to the top of the mountain where I can watch them come in action against King Olaf.
I see them jump in the water and they slowly swim to the beach.
Suddenly they stop swimming and i am confused why.
But then I see why...
Suddenly a wall of fire appears in the water. I look in confusing.
"why is this happening?" I whisper in myself.
"How does king Olaf know we are here?" I ask.
Everyone shrugs their shoulders.
"Maybe he's just clever?" someone says.
I shake my head. "King Olaf is not clever" I say.
I look at the people who are in the water and all I can think about is Y/N.
"they have to pull back" I say.
"what do you mean?" someone ask.
"don't you see it. If they continue they will die and I can't let that happen" I say.
People must think that I care about them, but actually I don't want Y/N to die, but that's a thought I will not say out loud.
"Pull back" I hear someone scream from the water.
I see no one moving.
"Pull back" I hear again.
People start moving and are swimming for their life.
Then suddenly another wall of fire appears, surrounding my people in the water. They can't escape.
I hear people screaming from the water, then I see a sea of arrows coming towards them. They have no where to go.
I see people getting shot and then dissappear in the water. I hear screaming, terrible screaming and people trying to escape.
"Y/N" I scream out.
Hours pass by and finally one of the first survivors reaches our camp.
He looks like he is in a lot of pain.
"where is the rest?" I ask.
"still in the water, but they are coming. They just need to catch their breath before they climb up the mountain. It's been rough you know" he says and sits down.
"How was it?" someone ask.
The man stares in front of him, recalling the whole situation.
"it was horrible. Fire was everywhere. People were burning to death or shot to death. Luckily Y/N knew what to do and guide us, but I haven't seen her since" he says.
"where is she?" I ask, trying to hide my panic.
The man shrugs his shoulders. "I don't know" he says
After a while the rest of our people start dripping in, but no sign of Y/N.
I start walking around, talking to people asking to them where Y/N is.
No one has seen her since the flames started.
I started getting worried. I care about no one, but her.
"where did you get on land" I ask.
"just a little down the mountain. It's not that far" someone says.
I nod and start making my way down the mountain.
After a while I reach the beach and see someone laying on the beach.
I recognize her figure.
"Y/N?" I say.
Her head turns around and she smiles.
"Ivar!" she says, happy.
I walk as fast as I can to her and sit next to her.
I hold her face in my hands and kiss her all over her face.
"I'm so glad you're safe" I say to her.
She smiles and gives me a kiss.
I see blood on her clothes.
"are you okay?" I ask.
She groans in pain.
"yeah an arrow hit me in my shoulder, but I'm okay" she says.
"are you sure, I can take a look at it" I say.
"Ivar... Thank you, but I'm okay" she says.
"I was just really worried about you. When I saw what happend all I could think about was you and keeping you save" I say.
She smiles and kisses me.
"but now I'm here, with you. Thank the gods" she says.
"Thank the gods" I say and I kiss her on her forehead.