#41 Request~ Ivar: The wedding

So this is a request for Ashlyn, i hope you like it! I loved making it.
I dont really know much about viking weddings and their traditions so im sorry in advance. If im wrong please correct me :)
So i hope you all had a wonderful christmas, mine was great, but preparing the food was a lot of work pfoee! I can't wait for NYE and eating lots of oliebollen! I wish you all a happy new year and a great 2021!
Request are open!
Enjoy!
Xx

Ashlyn's POV:
I open my eyes and spread my fingers across the bed sheets. The sun is shining on my face through the window. I stretch out before getting out of bed.
"Today is the big day" i whisper to myself. I get up and get some water to freshen myself up. I wash my hair and then braid it for today.
I hear my stomach growl. "Some food it is".
Tora walks in, she is one of my dearest friends.
"Are you ready for today?" She ask.
I look at her and nod in excitement.
"Have you eaten yet?" She ask.
I nod and point at my plate. "Just finishing breakfast".
"Let's get you fixed up then for your big wedding today" she says and grabs my hand. She drags me out of my house to her place.
"I am going to make you so pretty, Ivar won't know what is hitting him" she says and winks at me.
"As long as you make me recognizable i'm fine with everything" i say.
"Well first i'm going to do your hair again, because i don't know what you did, but it's a mess" Tora says.
"And thanks" i say and roll my eyes.
Tora begins with my hair and then puts some paint om my face to represent the new phase i'm about to start with Ivar.
"And the finishing touch" Tora says and puts a flower crown on my head.
"Thank you so much Tora".
"You look beautiful Ashlyn" she says and smiles. "Thank you so much Tora" i stand up and give her a hug.
We walk to the wedding venue near the beach.
I wait at the aisle and look at all the guest that are here for our wedding.
Then i see Ivar arriving in a drakkar. He looks so handsome.
Ivar steps out of the drakkar and people start to throat sing. It sounds beautiful.
Ivar walks over to me and hold my hands. He gives me a little forehead kiss. I stroke his cheek. "You look so handsome Ivar" i say and smile. "You look so beautiful Ashlyn, i'm the luckiest guy in the world" Ivar says and smiles.
"Let's begin the ceremony" the priest says.
The priest says beautiful things about me and Ivar, but me and Ivar only have eyes voor eachother.
Now let's begin with the blood oath" the priest says.
Ivar and i both get a tiny bowl with blood in it and we pour it over rocks and little figures who represent the gods and as a last step we both put blood on eachothers forehead.
"And now your vows" the priest says.
"My dearest Ivar. I've known you since we were little. I've seen you grown into a fine man you are right know and i can't wait to spend to rest of our lives together" i say and squeeze his hand softly.
"My sweet Ashlyn. You are my love, my joy and my pride. I can't believe you said yes when i asked you to marry me, but here we are and i can't wait to be your husband" ivar says and smiles.
"Then i pronounce you husband and wife, you may kiss the bride" the priest says.
We both lean in and kiss eachother, clapping in the background.
We turn around to face the crowd. "Let the feast begin!" Ivar yells.
The feast begins and we celebrate the beginning of our marriage with lots of food, ale and laughter.
Ivar and i are standing in the middle of the hall, receiving lovely gifts and messages from people who want to congratulate us.
Then the first dance starts. Since Ivar can't really dance since he's cripple, it is a slow dance.
I put my arms around his neck and he puts his hands om my waist and we slowly sway on the music, looking deeply in eachothers eyes.
"This day is perfect" i say and smile.
"You are perfect" he says and kisses my forehead.
The songs ends, the rithm of the music goed faster and everyone joins in. We dance the night away until we can't stand on our feet because of tiredness.
Ivar and i walk back to now our house.
We enter the bedroom and Ivar looks deeply in my eyes.
"I had a wonderfull day" i say and kiss Ivar on the lips. "Me too" he says as he crawls onto the bed. "Now let's have a wonderfull wedding night" he says and winks. I start to giggle as he slowly makes his way over to me. He slowly kisses me over my body. "I think we will have a great night" i say and giggle.
And the rest is history...