#22 Ivar: Kattegat Gets Attacked

Sooo I hope this one is better then the last one :) how's everyone doing? It's almost Christmas ahhhh I'm excited.
In case I don't update before nye (because of the busy days) I want to say merry Christmas and a happy new year! Be careful with the fireworks!
Enjoy!
Xx
*YOUR POV*
I get the soup of the fire and pour it in some bowls. I place the bowls on the table and walk over to the entrance door. "Ivar!" I call him. He slowly walks over to me and gives me a quick kiss on my nose and smiles. We both sat at the table, quietly eating our dinner. We've just started dating, my parents aren't too happy about it, but they will change their minds. I look at Ivar and smile. "I have to go talk to my brothers tonight" Ivar says. I nod "about what you're guys going to talk about?" I ask. He shrugs his shoulders "raiding stuff I guess" he says. "well, makes sure I'm on the team to go raiding" I say and wink at him. "of course, we want to win" he says. I grab the bowls and clean them up. "oh that reminds me, Lagertha will be here tonight, to talk". Ivar looks at me, a little confused. "why?" he ask. I could sense a little anger in his voice. "I know you don't like her, but she wanted to talk to me so" I say and I gently stroke his cheek. He looks at me and nods "okay, but as soon as you're done you're coming to me" he says. I give him a kiss "of course I will" I say and the Ivar walks out of the house to meet with his brothers.
After a few hours Lagertha walks in and we talk about business.
"So we agree about our next raid?" Lagertha ask. I nod "yes, but you know you're going to get in trouble with the sons of Ragnar" I say. "we will see about that" Lagertha says and then she walks out.
I decide to make myself a cup of tea before I go to Ivar. I was about to take a sip from my tea when I hear a lot of noises coming from outside. "hmm.. Kattegat isn't this crowded around this hour" I whisper to myself.
I walk outside my house and look around. I see Vikings ships at the beach with a large army heading our way. I quickly walk inside my house to grab my axe and then walk outside again. I start running into the village, I see the Vikings running to our village and killing everyone and everything that's in their way. I look around for Ivar and his brothers, but I don't see them. I prepare myself mentally for battle. Suddenly someone sprints towards me and I manage to put my axe in her head. I run to my next victim and put my axe in his stomach and he falls to the ground and bleeds to death.
I tried to make sure that everyone is safe in their home.
I walked outside again and run to my next victim but before I could put my axe in his body I get pushed to the ground. I fall to the ground and all the air in my lungs is pushed out of it.
I look up to see who pushed me to the ground and I see a man swinging his axe, ready to kill me. I roll to my side and he misses me. I roll to my back, I try to stand up and the man pushes me against a wall with his axe to my neck. "ready to die?" he says. I look at him and shake my head. I push him off me and run away to grab my axe and before I can throw it in his head, he throws his axe between my ribs.
I stop running and look at the axe in my body. Before I can get the axe out of my body I fall to the ground and pass out.
*IVAR'S POV*
"Hvitserk that's the most stupid idea I've ever heard" Björn says. We all laugh. "so we agree?" Björn ask. We all nod "then we raise our glasses" Björn says. "Skoll!" he says. "Skoll" we all chant. We drink our ale and after that we hear some screams coming from outside. "what's happening outside?" Hvitserk ask.
I shrug my shoulders. Björn walks over to the door.and tries to open it. "I can't get the door open?" he says. I look at him confused. "let me try" I say. I slowly walk over to the door and try to open him. "it's barricaded" I say. We all try to open the door, but a group of Vikings are barricading it.
After a few minutes of trying to get the door open, "okay if we all bang ourself against the door at the same time, the door must crack" Björn says. We all agree and bang ourself against the door at the same time. The door opens and we fall through it. We quickly stand up to see what is happening. We all look around and we see the damage that is done. Houses are on fire, people are screaming, blood is everywhere and there are dead bodies on the ground. I quickly look around to see if I can see Y/N, but I don't see her. I'm relieved and worried at the same time. My brother's and I grab our weapons and we slaughter everyone we see.
After a long and hard battle we see what is left of Kattegat, it's not a lot. People are emotional of their loss and that reminds me that I haven't found Y/N yet. I start looking for her. I run into Lagertha and asked her if she knows where Y/N is. She says she has seen her last in our house. I walk over to my house that I share with Y/N. The door is open. I walk inside: "Y/N?" no answer. I check every room, but she's not in the house. I quickly walk back to the village. I walk through the dead bodies and suddenly I hear someone groan behind me. I turn around to see Y/N. I quickly walk over to her and sit, then I lay her body in my arms and look at her. She has a huge wound in her ribs and she's coughing blood. I stroke her cheek and hear her struggling to breath. Tears start to stream down my face. I look around, looking for someone "help!! Please I need help!" I scream as loud as I can. Björn, Ubbe and Hvitserk come running in my direction and as soon as they see me and Y/N they stop running and just look. I look at them and get frustrated "please get Helga or someone who can help us" I say. They run away and I look at Y/N again. She looks at me and smiles. "it's going to be okay" she says. I shake my head "no it's not, I feel happy and comfortable with you and I love you so so much" I say. She smiles and whispers with her last strength "I love you too, I'm so proud of you don't ever change" she says. She starts coughing blood and shes trying to catch her breath. I try to make her more comfortable in my lap and lay her head on my chest. I start to play with her hair and stroke her cheek and I whisper sweet words to her. I hear her breathing become slower and I whisper one last I love you to her, but she's too weak to answer it, but I know she loves me. Then her head falls back into my lap and I know she's gone. I take one last look at her beautiful eyes before I close them and I give her a kiss on her forehead. "may you have a safe trip to Valhalla, I'll see you there when it's my time, my love" I whisper and then I give her a kiss final kiss on her lips.

××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××