#33 Request: Arranged Marriage

Soo for the last imagine (ivar: Labor Work) I got some request for a part 2 so maybe I'll write a part 2 soon, what do you think?
Enjoy this one and I've started writing some new works such as until dawn and hot hospital romance so make sure to check that out! Tysm!!
Enjoy!
P.s Ive just gotten back from Defqon.1 and it was amazing!! I wanna go back ughh

*YOUR POV*

We stand on top of the hill, looking at the big army across us.
"looks like the English people have outdone their self this time" my brother Björn says.
I look at the rest of my brothers, all grown sons of Ragnar now, ready for battle.
Ubbe gestures me and the rest of my brothers to come over.
"so what's the plan?" I ask.
"their army is way too big, we won't stand a chance" Hvitserk says.
"we need to negotiate with them" Ivar says.
"to get what?" I ask.
Ivar stares at me, little angry.
"an alliance ofcourse" he says.
I roll my eyes at him.
"Björn, Ubbe come with me to negotiate with them, the rest stay here!" Ivar says and they walk towards the English army.
Hvitserk and I stay behind and wait.
Then the king of England and his sons walk over to my brothers. I catch one of them looking at me. I lightly smile, but remember they are the enemy.

My brothers are talking, laughing and at the end they shake hands and walk back to their own side.
I look at my brothers and then take one quick peak at the English guy that looked at me.
"so... What did you discuss" Hvitserk ask.
"we came to an agreement" Ivar says.
"we will not fight, but we will meet them tomorrow morning in their castle" Ubbe says.
We all nod in agreement and go back to our camp.
Back at the camp we sit around the fire. The people are singing and dancing like we've just won a battle, but we didn't. We haven't started one, not yet at least.

The next morning I'm woken up by Ubbe.
"C'mon Y/N we have to go!" he says.
I rub my eyes and look at Ubbe.
"why do I have to come?" I ask.
"just come with us" he says and walks away.
I quickly get dressed, eat something and I walk with my brothers to the castle to meet with the English men.
We walk into the castle, it's a beautiful castle and I've never seen something like this.
We walk into the dining hall and there is the king of England with his sons.
Ivar and Björn walk towards them and shake hands. Ubbe, Hvitserk and I stay behind.
"why did I have to come?" I ask to Ubbe.
"you're part of the deal" Ubbe says.
I look confused. "part of the deal?" I whisper to myself.
"what do you mean part of the deal?" I ask.
"shut up Y/N" Ubbe says. I roll my eyes and look at my brothers.

"we don't want war!" Björn says.
"and why not? Because you guys clearly have a smaller army and don't want to lose?" the king of England, king Aethelwulf says.
Ivar looks at him, angry. "well why fight if we could negotiate? People won't get hurt or worse... Die" he says.
I can feel his sarcasme.
"well we made a deal yesterday are you still going accord with that?" king Aethelwulf says.
"wait hold up... What's the deal?" I ask.
They all look at me.
"the deal was that we wouldn't start a war if the daughter of Ragnar would marry my son Alfred" king Aethelwulf says.
And before I could answer Ivar screams deal.
"deal?!" I scream.
"Ivar you can't just say that I have to marry someone. I'm not a pion in your game Ivar!" I say.
"and yet I just say deal, so you just have to deal with it" he says.
I grab my axe tighter, wanting to use it, but it's my brother.
Then I look at Ubbe and Hvitserk.
"and you guys agree with this?" I ask.
They both look down, don't face me.
"i think it's better this way" Hvitserk says.
I want to get angry, I really do, but I don't want to cause a scene.
Instead I turn myself back to face the others and remain calm and silent.
"So we agree that Y/N will marry my son Alfred" Aethelwulf says.
Ivar nods and shakes aethelwulfs's hand.
"Alfred, come here and meet your wife" Aethelwulf says.
Alfred steps forward and I recognize him. He was the guy that stared at me.
He smiles at me and I smile back.
"Alfred go to your room so you can get to know each other better and so we can discuss how to handle further" king Aethelwulf says.
"yes father" Alfred says and he carefully holds my hand. I flinch and pull my hand away.
Alfred leads me to his room, he sits on his bed and I sit on a chair as far as possible away from him.
I stare at him, looking angry. He looks at me trying to make me comfortable.
"are you okay, do you need anything?" he ask.
I look at him, I say nothing, main reason because I don't speak his language so I don't understand him.

"look I would love to change this situation to, but the fact is we are going to get married whether we like it or not."he says and sighs.
Then he walks over to me and crouches in front of me and carefully holds my hand... I let him.
" but we don't have to do anything if you don't want to, we can take it easy and I really do want to get to know you better, because you're beautiful and you seem nice" he says and looks at me.
I sigh, look away from him and then look back at him.
"I-I dont understand you" I say, in my own language.
Alfred nods and says the whole thing again, but this time in my language.
I smile and nod and come closer to him.
"now let's begin with your name shall we?" Alfred says.
I nod. "it's Y/N" I say.
Alfred shakes my hand. "hi Y/N, nice to meet you. I'm Alfred" he says.

And that was the beginning of a wonderful marriage...

Sorry for the shitty ending, could have been better.
Request are open :)
Anddd almost 34K reads!!! <3