Chapter 2

Ashley

     A large man stood in the yard as I closed the door behind me. He turned to face me his voice was deep when he asked, "Who are you?" Still shocked from his appearance I just stood there awkwardly. He raised a eyebrow just as the door opened right behind me.

     "Ashley wai-" Noah cleared his throat realizing the situation. "Sir, please leave her be." He whispered next to my ear making me shiver, "Go. Run."

     I started to take a step of the porch but the guy raised a hand making me freeze. "I think Ashley should stay and learn more about her new friend Noah here. Don't you agree Noah. It only seems fair."

     My eyebrows furrowed together in confusion. I turned to face Noah seeing the color drain from his face. "I don't think I quite understand." 

     "Didn't you wonder about the microwave, Ashley. About how it magically worked."

     Noah growled, fury masked his face, "Stop!"

     The thought hit me. They took the electricity, nothing that is electricity related runs. I jumped away from him staring at him in horror, "Your one of them." Of course I decided to trust him, he manipulated me but for what reason. For what soul purpose would he want me with me. To study me? To actually became friends? HA!

     The man instructed Noah to go get Pepper leaving him alone with me. The man made me feel uneasy as I stood there. "Lets go for a walk."

     I glanced around looking for Noah. As much as I hated him right now I trusted him a lot more than this man, "Shouldn't we wait for Noah?"

     "He'll be fine. Noah's a big boy." He motioned for me to follow him around the house. I felt a strange tingle but I ignored it. Once around the corner the man grabbed me by the arms. Soldiers stood guard and motioned for me to move. Tap was placed on my mouth just as quickly and I kicked and thrash trying to get free. Fear flashed across my eyes and I started to shake.

     I was shoved into a car before they drove off. I never looked back to see if Noah was there. He left me alone with someone I didn't trust much less knew. If was truly my friend he would have stayed. There was nothing he could do now. The drive took forever and I kept glancing out the windows think of what I could have done different. Would I have still been in this position if I had just left? I sighed.

     The forest thickened halfway through the ride before a massive building revealed itself. I shivered as the car stopped next to it. The same man from before pulled me out of the car. See it now I noticed it was quite tall, ten? Twelve? Did it matter? Soldiers guarded the place from head to toe. I felt quite comfortable. Not. 

     "There is someone dying to meet you," The man smirked. I wanted to smack that smirk off his face right then in there but the handcuffs stopped me. My brow furrowed while I narrowed my eyes. If its Noah I'm going to kill that traitor right where he standing. 

     He lead me to a large room that sort of looked like a classroom. I couldn't believe my eyes when I looked at who stood in front of the room. There was my brother with two guards holding him down. I had to keep the tears from welling up in my ears. The man ripped the tape off my mouth but the pain didn't bother me. It just pained me to see my brother in pain. Bruises covered his body along with his lip busted open. Red blood oozed out of it while his eyes were bloodshot. 

     "Jacob..." I whispered, my lungs ached like they weren't getting enough oxygen. 

     His voice panted and he took deep breaths, "...Ash?" The soldiers released him and he fell to the ground unable to stand. With my hands still handcuffed I raced towards him and fell to the ground beside him. They left the room leaving us to ourselves. 

     I started to cry not helping myself, "Oh Jacob. What did you do to get yourself into this?"

     "Yeah I love you too." I missed him so much. I tried brushed his black hair out of his face with my locked hands. He winced at slightly and I frowned. 

     "They seem to beat you up real good."

     He laughed, "I don't go down that easy, Ash." He face turned serious after that, his blue eyes fixing on mine. His dark tan hand pressed it against my shoulder. "I was wandering through the woods... when I heard a helicopter," He sucked in a deep breath and continued. "They saw me and dropped a ladder for me to climb up on.... They said everything was going to be alright. They lied." His eyes turned fierce and it scared me. A face of betrayal. "They are imprisoning us. Beating us. Killing us until we are exist from our planet."

     Whispering, I was afraid they'd hear me, "How did you survive?" 

     He shook his head, "My turn. How did you survive?"

     I swallowed, "Noah. He.. uh rescued me."

     "I have no idea who that is but okay."

     "Times up!"

     Soldiers seized us by our shoulders dragging me away from my Brother, "Jacob!" I was shoved up front as they walked us down the hallway. Soldiers stood everywhere and I was afraid if I made a move they'd kill me in a seconds flat. Noise was heard in a cellar and they shoved me inside a cell with no one. Jacob right behind me. There was so many of them. They all survived the disasters just to be stuck in here. The man from before faced us, "You'll be execute tomorrow morning."

     I feel asleep pretty quickly, considering death was waiting for me just around the corner. I dreamed of Noah, Beanie and my parents. The sound of a stick beating against metal woke me up. "Up! It's time for execution," He ordered. The boy looked around our age and I felt as if we could take him on because of this. Following his orders we got up. The building was a maze as we walked through the hallways. He opened a door which lead to outside.

     I take a deep breath, breathing the fresh air. The sound of people made my eyes snap open. A large field sat in front of it along with a small group of people. In the middle of the field sat a guillotine with our names written in invisible ink. 

Here's an early chapter because I'll be really busy tomorrow. So happy Friday (or whatever day it may be for you)

-Wolf