Chapter 26

Courtney

Ashley and I ran down a long narrow hallway, footsteps stomped on the other side of the hallway. Grabbing her arm we turn invisible. The guards walked closely by eyes but couldn't see us. We casually continued walking then broke into a run once they were gone.

"There's a room. We can hide in there," I pointed and we snuck inside. Ashley closed the door and I allowed us to become visible again. The run was a narrow meeting room the lights still on. Ashley face turned into panic from the window.

"People are coming!" she whispered. I grabbed her arm and we ran into a corner together. Right when the door opened I turned us invisible.

"Why are you one of them?" she whispered as they still stood in the doorway. She gripped my arm tightly not wanting to let go.

"Not now," I whispered just as they started to head towards the chairs. A guy walked past us and nearly ran into us.

I couldn't see her face but I knew she wasn't too happy about it. The people got settle in their seats and turned their attention to Dr. Jonathan. I narrowed my eyes at him as he made his way to the screen. He turned the screen on and it filled with a picture. Chrissy, Ethan and Eve. I furrowed my eyebrows together and Ashley held my hand. "We'll get them back. I promise."

Dr. Jonathan said a few things but I drowned them out. He swiped to the next screen and Ashley gasped. Noah and Jacob. I felt Ashley pull away and I quickly grabbed her, holding her against her will. "No. No. No!" she said a little too loudly.

Everyone in the meeting turned to the sound of her voice. Ashley managed to pull away revealing herself. "Ashley!" I hissed before pulling her away and out of the room.

"We've been compromised!" a guy shouted at us.

We ran down the hallway and Ashley yelled, "We have to find Noah!"

"Noah and Jacob got this. Ethan and Chrissy.... well you know," I said.

Ashley sighed knowing I was right. "Okay." She grabbed my arm and together we disappeared from the building. Blinking I saw we were on The Eiffel Tower, Ashley next to me.

"There's footprints," Ashley exclaimed. They were a little small to be Eve's and Ethan's but not for Chrissy.

"This is Chrissy's boot print," I told her and tracked it to a bench. I looked around but the tracks just stopped here.

Ashley tried to move the bench but it didn't budge. "Give me a hand would you?"

I glanced at the bench and saw it was nailed to the floor. "I'm good." She looked down and saw the nails before glaring at me. She sat on the bench and leaned on the cushion.

"What do you suggest-" A trap door opened and I fell through along with Ashley. Groaning I sat up just as Ashley fell on top of me. She quickly got off of me. "Sorry."

Ignoring her I stood up but couldn't see anything. Lights flickered on and revealed us to be in a cage. Drake stood on the other side laughing. I turned around to look at Ashley but she hadn't move at all. She just continued to stare in fear. Guess I have to do the dirty work then.