Chapter 27

Jacob

     "I know where to go," Noah said.

     "Where?" I asked.

     "Just trust me okay. Pepper says he knows where the others are," he said before grabbing my shoulder and then teleport. He fell in front of The Eiffel Tower and I looked at him confused.

      "Out of everywhere in the world. Why here?"

     He walked ahead of me before saying, "I trust my dog okay. Just come on." We manged to get up just the first flight of steps before sirens blared. Me and Noah looked at each other before hurrying up faster. We collided with two other people as we turned the stairs to go on the next level.

     "Uhh," Courtney grabbed her head from knocking into Noah.

      Ashley run up to me and tackled me with a hug then immediately stopped when she saw Noah.  She placed a hand over her mouth to stop from giggling. "Oh my God, Noah. You look so young."

     Noah looked down at himself then at us. "So do you." Ashley with her brown hair that hadn't turn fully dark yet. Courtney with short neck length hair instead of long hair. I just now realized the braces in my mouth. Great.

     "How about we talk about this later? People are trying to kill us right now," Courtney suggested but we all knew the answer. We jogged down the stairs as a announcement came on.

     "Newcomers! Report to hallway L."

      Ashley stopped moving and looked at the others, "Ethan, Chrissy and Eve."

      "We have to follow them," Courtney told us, she looked like she was holding something back.

     "You okay?" I asked her and she looked at Ashley, pleading.

     "She's one of them," she said and Courtney glared at her. "She's been tricking us this whole time."

     Courtney snapped at her, "You said you didn't care. I've saved you multiple times already, princess. No thanks to you."

      Noah watched her closely and exclaimed, "I thought you looked familiar back at that tree. Dude you were like one of my best friends." Everyone stared at him and Courtney.

     Was not expecting that, I thought.

     "Surprised you didn't figure it out sooner when Eve arrived. Guess we aren't BF forever," she implied with a hint of sass. She turned away from hurt Noah. She looked above us and then growled. "And now we've lost the soldiers. Thanks to Ashley."

     Ashley walked up to a map and scanned it before pointing to Hall L. "And thanks to me we found them."

     I pushed Ashley ahead away from Courtney and we took off towards Hallway L. Ashley lead the way from memory then said, "Right here. Oof-"

     Chrissy smacked right into her while Eve slowed to a stop just barely missing me. Courtney zipped up and wrapped her arms around Eve's neck, hugging her tightly. I watched as Eve hugged her back before I realized Ethan was missing. I opened my mouth to speak but he came up almost running into Noah.

     "Courtney!" Chrissy squealed from the floor. She rushed into the group hug causing the three of them to fall to the floor from the small girl's impact.

     "Well now that everyone is here we should get a move on," Noah said but Ashley screamed. I watched as a black cloak swooped up into the vents.

     "Ashley!" I yelled to her. Flames flickered lighting up the vent and a girl screamed.

     Noah laughed, "Looks like she's doing just fine."

     The figure in the black cloak dropped from the air vent, her hair on fire. The figure looked at Noah, pleading, "Help me please!"

     "Take off your mask," Noah demanded. The masked figure shook their head and continued to plead. "Take the mask off then." Slowly the figure took off the mask and Noah gasped. "Jessica?" She nodded but then Ashley fell on top of her and shot her with electricity, killing her. "This is how she died!?"

     "She said that she is your girlfriend," she stood up, electricity in her hands. "You've been cheating on me?!"

     Noah backed away slightly. "To be fair, I dated you after she died."

     "Keep this up and you'll be dating her when you're dead."

     Noah narrowed his eyes, "Why do you keep complaining about my problems? I've never said anything about yours!"

     "Trouble in paradise," Courtney mumbled behind me.

     Noah and Ashley growled at each other and Chrissy walked between them two. "How about you two both shut up!" she yelled at the two of them. Ashley's power disappeared and she looked away. Noah did the same.

     "Thank you, Chrissy," I smiled and she nodded back.

     "If you are a couple you sure aren't acting like it," I told them and Chrissy nodded beside me.

     "I mean they aren't even a couple and they act like one," she points to her cousin and Eve.

     "Chrissy!" They both squeaked.

     "Your right, if a couple is dating we shouldn't be acting like this," Ashley sighed in defeat. A few tears started to show in her eyes as she looked at Noah. "I'm really sorry but we should break up."

     "Bravo!" Drake clapped his hands together. "What can I say. I'm a sucker for an Un-happy ending."

     "I'm coming with you Drake. There's nothing for me here," Noah said out loud. He gave Ashley a cold hearted stare.

    Ashley came towards me and wrapped her arms around me. Leaning into me she cried. I watched as Courtney glared straight at Noah as he walked to stand by Drake.

     "Wise choice, my friend," Drake said.

     Noah didn't even meet Courtney's eyes when he asked, "What about you, Court? Eve?"

     "Don't you dare call me that. A real friend doesn't turn their back on their friends. Once you can look at each and every one of us in the eyes and apologize then we can talk," she sneered which caused Noah to turn away from us. Eve pulled her closer which caused her to break her stare on him.

     "Noah.." Ashley started, she turned her head to look at him.

     Noah with his back turn began, "Wanna know why? I was only good because of you Ashley and now that we aren't together it doesn't matter." I watched as his fourteen year old self put his hands in his pockets. "The day I shot you I felt this strange feeling of regret. I've never felt that way before with anyone. I wanted to do better but now that we are over.. who cares." Drake placed a hand on his shoulder and the duo disappeared.