Chapter 14

Jacob

     "What happened to my sister!?" I looked at the two of them. I paced back and forth waiting for an answer.

     "Like I said, she is now a monster and we need to leave before she kills us," Courtney stated seriously. Her eyes kept glancing from the way we came and back at me.

     Ethan took the time to state his love struck sentence, "I love her either way."

     Courtney flicked him upside the head, ignoring his cries. "There's nothing we can do, Jacob."

     "Well we can't leave without her," I said sternly.

     "Technically we-"

     Narrowing my eyes at her, I stated firmly, "She's my sister and my only family left alive. Ashley would do the same if she was in my position. In fact, she has already done that for me. It's my turn to repay. Do I make myself clear?"

     Courtney huffed and nodded her head, "What do you suppose we do then?"

     "Where's Noah?" Ethan wondered out loud. Fear struck his eyes when he glanced at Courtney. "Do you think Ashley killed him? I knew we shouldn't have left him alone with her."

     "Rookie mistake, mate. Noah's good as dead," Zack emerged from behind them. A smirk stood plastered on his face as the three of us turned to face him. He held his hands up showing that he was unarmed before placing them down. "I've come to tell you that the old Ashley is gone. It's best you move along before anyone else gets hurt. Especially you blondie." He winked creepily at Courtney, who just gagged at him. He placed his hands in his pockets and shrugged, "Your loss."

     I stepped between them two and glared at Zack. "We don't need you to tell us what we don't already know. Scram before I kill you myself."

     He started to back up. "Fine. All she needs is a true love's-" A gun shot went off and Zack went down clutching his leg. "Dude, what the heck?"

     "You're the worst villain ever. Just shut up and stand over there somewhere," Chris growled and lowered his gun. Zack frowned and started to heal his leg, near a bush.

     Courtney smirked at Chris, "So there is a way to solve this whole problem."

     Chris glared at Zack once again before turning to us, "So? We aren't allowing any of guys near her, much less kiss her." He cocked his gun her before aiming at me. "Say hello to Noah for me."

     Ashley walked out from behind Chris, her eyes widening from the scene that was taking place in front of her. My eyes pleaded for her just as the gun was fired. I closed my eyes waiting for death but I didn't feel anything. Ashley stood in front of me and my heart tightened. "Ashley!"

     I ran up and held her in my arms. Please don't die! Please! I loosened my grip around her as I saw the bullet floating in the air before it fell to the ground. The sliver bullet laid there untouched. Ashley faced me unfazed before pulling away, blinking.

     "I- I..." she had a hard time processing what just happened. I reached out to take her arm but she pulled away quickly. All the feeling of hope was gone. "Stay away from me. All of you."

     The gun that Chris held was melting completely and he dropped it to the ground, afraid. Ashley took off and Zack followed closely behind.

     "It seems she still cares about you but that will faded away with time. Leave or I'll make sure to finish the job without interruptions," Chris said, before turning away. Their footsteps were drowned out by the forest, which was playing it's unique sounds.

     I turned away from Ethan and Courtney and started my journey away from the lair. There's no way of saving her if she won't even look at me. Noah, her true love, is dead so the kiss is scratched. Ashley is doomed.

     "Dude! Where are you going?! The lair is that way," Courtney rushed in front of me, her arms turning me around in the opposite direction.

     I shoved her off and continued the way I was going. Courtney and Ethan exchanged glances before grabbing my arms and hauling me back towards the lair.

     "You want Ashley back so that's what we are going to do," Ethan told me.

     "You are so in debt to her. A little birdie told me she is being held against her will in that lair. What do you say we help her out?" Courtney added.

     I struggled against them, "Guys! This is serious!" They threw me to the ground and stared down at me.

     Courtney crossed her arms, "Who said I wasn't serious?"

     A dog barked and Pepper emerged from behind them. He came over and licked my face before barking at us.

     "If Pepper still here than that means Noah is still alive somewhere!" Ethan exclaimed. Pepper wagged his tail in agreement. We all went to pet him but instead he went near us quickly. I jumped back but was teleported on a beach.

     Ethan and Courtney looked as confused as I was. Pepper barked and ran off. "Pepper wait!" We chased after him, while jumping over the debris that littered the beach. A teen stood with his back facing us and I instantly knew it was Noah.

     He bent down to pet Pepper but stopped once he saw us. He scanned the three of us and his face fell. "Where's Ashley?"

     "They are still controlling her somehow but you know the cure. It's a true love's kiss. You need to kiss her," I stated quickly.

     Noah's eyebrows furrowed together, "Me?"   

     "Yes you! Now that we know you aren't died we got to move quickly," Courtney told him.

     "Is something bad about to happen?"

      Courtney shook her head, "No but something could if we stand here talking."

      "Right. Everyone touch the teleportation dog." Pepper started to glow then we faded away from the beach.

Two chapters in just two days yessssss. Your welcome!