Chapter 15

Noah

     It felt like a never ending darkness until a blinding light filled my vision. Ceiling lights came into view before a disturbing image took form. A dresser flew by my face while Ashley was leaned up against another guy. She placed her lips against his, not noticing their was an audience watching.

     "Ashley! What are you doing?!" Jacob gaped in disbelief. He marched towards the dude, ready to fight but the guy pushed him away like a plush toy. 

     "You again? I thought Chris' death threat was clear, enough. No worries though," He reaches for his side gun but Ashley's hand stopped him. 

     Ashley eyes stared into his soul. "And I thought I made myself clear also?" 

     "Babe, I was just joking... about him anyways. Chris is going to find them soon, maybe you could talk to them alone. Get them to leave before they all get killed," her 'boyfriend' said while glancing at all of us. 

      Ashley nodded and started her way towards me. She stopped close enough that I could feel her breath against my skin. She leaned close for only me to hear, "I wanna talk to you alone first before I talk to the others." 

     I stepped back and she winked before heading out the door. This was definitely not Ashley behavior. I looked at the others and said, "I'll be back in a second." The sound of distant crying made me rush quickly towards her. "Hey... Ashley." I swooped her up in my arms and she leaned against my chest without protest. I smoothed her hair with my hand while she cried. 

     She leaned away and stared at me with red eyes. Wiping away her tears she began, "I don't know what's wrong with me. It's like there's two different sides to me. One wants to be with you and the others but... then I see her and she wants to kill you. I have this urge to kill and I'm trying everything-" 

She started to ball out tears once more and I started wiping them away with my fingers. "It was because of Eve. She did this to you, Ashley. We can figure out a way to fix this. We always do."

"No... you're wrong." She pulled away and narrowed her eyes at me. "The old Ashley was weak and everyone was always trying to save her... protect her. I'm stronger now and I no longer need your protection. It's you that needs saving now, Noah," Lightning crackled in her hand and she shot it out towards me. I flew back against the wall and hit my head hard against the concert wall. Ashley stood over me and whispered, "Goodbye Noah." That was the last I saw of her before I black out.