Chapter 36

Jacob

     Hunter sat out with a few things and was mixing a few things together. I sat next to Ashley in the sand and watched Hunter. Two shadows loomed over us and I looked up at them.

     "So do you need any help?" Courtney asked us.

     "Why? So you can go back to sucking on your girlfriends face," I teased and she kicked sand at me. I covered my face as the sand hit me and I sucked my tongue out at her.

     "Hey!" Hunter yelled at her. "Get any wrong ingredient in here and it'll miss up the potion."

     "Good." 

     Eve pulled her away and narrowed her eyes at us playfully. "It seems our help is unwanted here."

     Ashley watched them go before turning towards me. "You know it's been a long tiring journey but it's the moments like that that make the journey worth it."

     "Does that mean you and Noah are back together?" he asked. She looked at Noah who was leaning against a rock talking to Eve and Courtney. Ashley watched him sadly before shrugging. "I don't know to be honest. I mean I know we are still good friends. Maybe it's best we take it slow for right now." She turned to look back at me. I watched as Chrissy and Ethan climbed the rocks like they were racing.

      "Here's the potion." Hunter handed me the potion and I stared at the clear substance. "Ashley you have to say, 'Forgive me brother for I have cursed you'."

     "Forgive me brother for I have cursed you," she copied and I drank the substance. It didn't have much of a flavor. I looked at my hand but nothing happen.

     "Oh! Then you have to drink the water!" I went to the water and started drinking it. I fuzzy feeling buzzed inside of me and I looked at my arm. It started to faded back and before I knew it it was new again. Ashley tackled me in a hug and I smiled at Hunter.

     "Thanks. We wouldn't have made it this far without you."

     "What do we do now?" Ashley asked. "I'd rather not leave this place. It's... peaceful."

     Hunter smiled at her, "Then we can stay here. My parents have a cabin near here. That's how I knew about this place. From there we can build more houses and live together."

     "That would be nice," she said.

     I looked at Ashely and smiled. "Lets do it!"