Chapter 35

Eve

     We all walked out the double doors in stood in front of the school yard. Jacob was getting more nervous by the second. "Gather around and we'll combine our powers to teleport all of us. Everyone link arms." We all linked arms and before I knew it we where in the forest again.

     The sound of a rushing waterfall was in the distance. "Okay we have to get Jacob to the waterfall now!"

      Courtney started to follow but I pulled her back to stay with me. She gave me a confused look and I closed my eyes. She always made me this nervous. "I'm going to say it now before I lose my chance to."

     "What?" she laughed. "What are you talking about?"

     I opened my eyes and bit my lip. Oh my god what if she doesn't feel the same way? Maybe it would be better if I just showed her. Taking one of my hands I reached up to her face and cupped it. She watched my movements closely and then looked into my eyes. Slowly I kissed her and she froze for a second then leaned in. It was short but sweet. She pulled away and then smiled.

     "Is this what you were 'talking' about?"

      "I thought it would be easier to explain it this way. Did you understand it?" I asked.

     She thought for a moment as she wrapped her arms around my neck. "Maybe another kiss and then the picture will be more clear. I only half got it," she smirked.

     "Tempting but the others are probably waiting on us." she nodded and quickly pecked my lips before taking my hand.

     "Best we not keep them waiting then," Courtney said.