Prologue

A time long forgotten

Flames rose in front of me as I struggled to keep my powers under control. I was doing something that was never meant to be. Something that went against every law. Something that could destroy the entire world... But I was blinded by love. I was doing it for my children and the person whom I loved the most in the world. They would be transformed by the purifying fire, into something that humanity had never witnessed before, something beyond anyone's imagination, and I would be its cause. I was going against my ancestors, and I knew they would not forgive me, but I did not care. I might be selfish, as many would say, but at that time, I did not want to keep my desires unfulfilled, even if it meant using my powers to the utmost to fulfil them.

I glared at the blinding light of the fire, the orange and yellow sparks threatening to burn me alive with them. The people around me screamed, yelling at me to stop, but I was not myself anymore. I glanced at the four bloodied bodies of my children whom I had daggered. They were alive, but barely. Unknowingly, a tear escaped my eye. I did not feel any emotion. Maybe it was only the normal human instinct that was left of me. I wouldn't know...

All of a sudden, I saw two, blood-red eyes emerging from the fire, black veins popping from under them, and it was then that I realised... my end was near. A monster-like figure appeared right before my eyes. It was neither a human nor a beast, but a creature way more horrifying. Its skin was charred, hair scorched to the roots, but the most frightening feature were its blood red orbs, staring deep into my icy blue ones. I did not flinch. I knew what... or who the creature was.

It was my husband, and it was I who had done that to him, just like he had wanted me to all along. He sprinted towards me at an inhuman speed, and in the blink of an eye, he was right in front of me, steaming heat radiating off of his body.

Not even a single trace of my husband was visible in that creature. Perhaps it was his inner demon taking over, or maybe, it was a sight that had been hidden from me all along. I would not know... not long enough.

He clutched my left arm as my flesh sizzled under his grip, but I did not flinch. I felt unconscious even when I was wide awake. The feeling of death overwhelmed me. I was not afraid anymore.

He parted his lips, revealing two long, icicle-like fangs hanging from jaws. He was thirsty for my blood.

Grabbing my neck, he bit into it. I felt the fiery blood in my body rushing towards my neck, from where he sucked it all up. I did not do anything to stop it. I felt connected to him in manner that I had never experienced before. Capturing the Vulcan Moon in my mind, I closed my eyes, to hold the sensation forever in my heart, until I finally gave in, knowing that a thousand years later, history would repeat itself once again.
_______________

So guys! Welcome to Mysteries and Mayhem!*drum roll*

What are your thoughts on this prologue? And who do you think the narrator is? Perhaps, we'll know.

If you liked it, then continue reading further. I can assure you, that you won't be disappointed!

______________