Chapter 16: Parasomnia

Rosalyn's POV

A hustling sound in my room woke me up from my sleep. Stretching myself awake, I noticed Amber arranging my books on my desk. "Oh, hi."

"What time is it?" I asked while rubbing my eyes.

"9."

"9 a.m.?"

"9 p.m."

"What?" I jerked awake and sat upright on the bed, "I slept through the day and you didn't wake me up?"

"You were sleeping like a log," she approached the bed and sat next to me, "when did you go to sleep last night?"

She can't know anything about the Gorgon situation...

A knot formed in my stomach because of the nerve-wracking situation. "1 a.m." I jerked inrealization of what I had just said, "What? No. Why did I say that?"

"It's because I performed a truth spell on you," she took my hand in hers, "tell me Rose, what is it that you're hiding?" I hesitated. "We only have each other in this world, and if I'm being honest with you at all times, I want you to reciprocate."

"But you'll think I'm insane."

"Are we really having this conversation right now? Rose, we live in a world of vampires, witches, werewolves and everything in between. I think we have already crossed the boundary of realism. So tell me, what is it?"

I took a deep breath, before beginning, "Have you heard of Gorgons?"

Over the next few minutes, I filled her in with everything- from the human figurines, our heist, the pool party and how we took down the Gorgon. I felt as if a great weight had been lifted off my chest.

"And the entire time I was being kept in the dark?"

I nodded guiltily.

"I couldn't have been more proud of you, but that thing was dangerous. If you hadn't killed it in time, you would've been turned to stone as well."

"I know, which is why I didn't want you to be involved in any of this. I knew you would try to do something about it and end up hurting yourself."

"I should be the one explaining it to you, but next time onwards, if you face something like this again, you will let me know, alright?"

"I promise," I stared at the clock.

"So, do you want to sleep now?"

"No. Let me see if Vincent can make it to the Grill. We have to work on our project."

"Cool. I'll leave now," she walked out the door before I dialled Vincent.

____________

30 minutes later...

Entering the Grill, I noticed Vincent sitting at one of the booths with his books and laptop spread out on the table. I took the seat across from him. "Sorry that I asked you to meet me here now. It's somewhat embarrassing, but I slept through the day."

"I understand. You must have exhausted much of your magic in the past week."

"Speaking about that, I was wondering how you believed me so easily when I told you that I'm a witch."

"Why would it be unbelievable anyways?"

"Vincent I told you over text. That is strange enough." I shrugged.

"I have seen many things in my life, much of which I don't own an explanation to. I mean we literally fought a Gorgon last night. Right now, everything seems possible."