Chapter 65: The End...?

"So this is it?" Stella asked.

"Seems so," I replied.

"After an... eventful year like the one we had, I'm ready to ease up," Kristen sighed.

"Likewise." The Blackwoods said.

"Welcome to the human club... again."

"Feels strange to be back," they chuckled.

"Nathaniel's blood was what cursed you, and now that he's dead, the curse is broken." I explained.

"It's like a huge weight has been lifted off of my chest."

"Yeah, tell me about it."

"Alright guys, we can talk later. We have our flights to catch, remember?"

"Unfortunately. Hopefully, college will be well, peaceful."

"Alright, we'll call you later," Aurora came in before disconnecting the call, "Christopher and Sydney are doing fine and recovering quite well."

"That's a relief."

"We'll see you later?"

"Depends on how long."

"You're right."

Nodding, the five of us headed outside with our luggages in hand, ready to live a new life with different challenges to get through.

I turned back to look at the mansion once again, for one last time, and I was filled with all the memories I had made in this one chaotic year, and the people I made those memories with — my friends, my family, and the person I'd cherish for as long as I can.

Just this once, there were no more mysteries to uncover, no more mayhem to recover from. There was just...a better tomorrow.

_____________

Thanks for accompanying Rose and her friends on their not so cliche journey. I love you all so much!

Please recommend this book to your friends if you have liked it even a bit!

Don't forget to check out my other books, The Butterfly Effect — a high school murder mystery with searing romances, or I Knew You Were Trouble — a twisted tale of love and enmity.

This is where it all ends. A new journey begins for these people to venture into. Glad to have entertained you in some way or the other. Thank you so much once again!

 Thank you so much once again!