Chapter 32: Magnetic

On Saturday...
Rosalyn's POV

After spending an entire Saturday shopping for Stella's birthday party, Amber and I finally returned home. "Who would've guessed how difficult it would to find the right gown? That's why I say, a little black dress is perfect for every occasion," she said, placing the shopping bags on my bed.

"You didn't have to buy the expensive one. I could have worn that grey one instead."

"Come on Rose. If my niece is gonna go to a party, she better go in style. Besides, it's not wrong to steal the birthday girl's spotlight for a minute or two, is it?" Amber grinned as a smile spread across my face. "Also, what about you and your boyfriend?" She cocked her eyebrow.

"His name's Vincent, and for the love of God, Amber, he's not my boyfriend." I rolled my eyes.

"Yeah, whatever. But if you have feelings for him, you better let him know before anyone else lays their eyes on him."

I walked up to the kitchen counter to grab myself a glass of water in an attempt to hide the crimson blush rising up my cheeks at her words...

I'm just not sure of how I feel for him, yet...

______________

In the evening, Vincent texted me.

"Hey, just letting you know that I'll come to pick you up at 7.30."

I texted him back.

"There's no need for that. I can tell Amber to drive me the venue."

"What kind of a host would I be if I can't help out my guest, especially someone so close to me, like you?

A smile crept onto my already blushing face on reading the text.

"Uh... ok. U can pick me up at 7.30. Can U pick Kristen on our way too?"

"Sure. Just text me your address."

                                                    "Will do!"

I texted him my location and placed my phone on the bedside table before opening my closet door and glancing at the majestic gown that I had brought that very day. 'Truly a work of perfection,' I thought as I grabbed the hanger and pulled it down before placing it on the bed. I closed the door to my room, stripped off of my clothes and got dressed, admiring the gems encrusted down its neckline all the way down its length. It was a flowy, purple mermaid gown, and the satin fabric made it feel as if I were wearing fluid- so light and so perfect.

Finishing up, I opened my bedroom door and went towards Amber's room.

"How do I look?" I asked her as she lay on her bed reading a book before glancing at me.

"You look beautiful, just as I had anticipated," she complemented me. "Come, I'll do your hair." She ushered me to my room, before styling my hair into a braided ponytail, curling the stray bangs of hair. She did my makeup before I stepped in front of the full length mirror, staring at my own self.

"Guess I'll have to drop you off at the Blackwood's residence?"

"About that, Vincent said that he'd be driving me there." Right then, a car honked outside the front gate. "That must be him," I said, slipping on my plum coloured heels and grabbing my purple clutch.

"Have fun, unlike last time," Amber said.

"I will." I made my way outside, towards the sleek black car parked in the front porch, Vincent leaning against it. He was dressed in black formals. He stared me down from top to bottom as I felt a chill run down my spine at his warm gaze.