Chapter 11: Smitten

Rosalyn's POV

"How did yesterday go for you and Vincent?" Kristen asked.

"It was alright, thankfully." I chuckled.

"Hmm."

"What about you?"

"Just the same as any other day," she rolled her eyes.

"Have you tried talking to Damien about this?"

"As if Stella ever leaves him alone."

"That's--" My gaze fell on a silver humanoid figure at the end of the corridor as I felt a strong pull towards it. "What's that?"

"Huh?"

Shutting my locker door, I started walking towards that remote section of the corridor, Kristen close behind me. Nearing it, I could make out a statue of Miss Ramirez, our mathematics professor, gazing at us dead in the eye. "What is this doing here?"

"I don't know..." Confusion filled our minds.

"It doesn't come off as a surprise. I don't think anyone has seen this thing." I moved my fingers down its face, a horrified look carved onto the stone figurine, "why's it here?" I was... mesmerized by it somehow. Right then the bell to the history class rang.

"We can figure that out later. Let's get to class," she put a hand on my shoulder, pulling me out of my thoughts before we raced to our classroom.

Once inside, I noticed Vincent at his desk. He smiled as I entered the class. Unconsciously, a sly smile spread across mine too. I walked up to the seat next to him, right when a girl with straight, blonde hair, dressed in tight fitting clothes passed me and seated herself where I was supposed to, a smirk playing on her face.

 I walked up to the seat next to him, right when a girl with straight, blonde hair, dressed in tight fitting clothes passed me and seated herself where I was supposed to, a smirk playing on her face

"I'm sorry, but that's my seat--"

"I don't see a label, hun," she grinned from ear to ear. Nevertheless, I decided not to make a scene and grabbed a seat at the back.

A few minutes later, professor Whittemore entered the room, "Good morning students. Today, I'm going to introduce a new segment of this class. Does anyone know anything about Greek mythology?" A number of students raised their hands. "Yes, miss Davenport?"

"Greek mythology is the body of myths originally told by the ancient Greeks and a genre of ancient Greek folklore. These stories concern the origin and the nature of the world, the lives and activities of deities, heroes, and mythological creatures, and the origins and significance of the ancient Greeks' own cult and ritual practices," Stella answered.

"Impressive. Does anyone want to elaborate on the Greek mythical creatures and deities perhaps? Yes, miss Hawthorne?"

"At the center of Greek mythology is the pantheon of deities who were said to live on Mount Olympus, the highest mountain in Greece. From their perch, they ruled every aspect of human life. Notable deities include Zeus, the king of all gods and the god of weather, law and fate. Hera, the queen of the gods and goddess of women and marriage. Ares the god of war. Apollo, the god of prophesy, music and poetry and knowledge, and so on," the blond girl from before stated.