Chapter 56: Once in a Lifetime

Rosalyn's POV

"Wait. Why am I here exactly?" Genevieve said as the seven of us walked into the 'Fashionistaz - Shopping Mall'.

"Because we are getting us dresses, duh." Stella replied.

"But I am not the one going to prom."

"Yes, you are. As an elderly supervisor of course, since Amber is not coming. Rose, why is that exactly?"

"Amber wouldn't tell me anything."

"That definitely brews suspicion... Anyways, how are you holding up cousin? Excited for tomorrow?" Stella bumped her shoulder into Kristen's.

"First, stop calling me cousin. We are friends before anything else. Second, of course I'm excited. What's there not to be?"

"Considering when you have the perfect date as well..." Damien flung an arm around Kristen.

"There are definitely three contenders for that title brother." Aurora smirked.

"Liz!" Stella shouted before hugging an elderly woman with raven coloured hair a few steps up ahead.

"Aw my girl

"Aw my girl." The woman hugged her back. "How have you been?"

"Good, lately." Stella broke the hug. "Guys, meet Elizabeth. Elizabeth, my friends I had told you about."

"Nice to meet you all." She smiled.

"You too."

"I was friends with Stella's mom. She was a wonderful person to work with, and Stella is no less than a daughter to me either." She smiled at Stella.

"Are you ready with what I mentioned you to be with?"

"Yes. In fact, I can't wait to show then to you. Follow me." She turned back before walking up to the trial corners, us following her. "Just wait a sec. I will be back." She turned on her heel and walked away.

"What does she want to show us?" Aurora said.

"Shh. You'll know soon." Stella shushed her.

After about five minutes, Liz returned with a number of large shopping bags in her hand. "Here are your orders."

"Are these our prom dresses?" Kristen said.

"Bingo!"

"Stella asked me to keep these dresses specially for you. They are of your favourite shade too."

"Is that why you asked me for my favourite color last Monday?"

"And mine too?"

"Guilty as charged. Anyways, we don't have the whole day. Let's try our dresses out!" Stella said excitedly.

"Alright, who's going first?"

"I will." I said.

"Well then." Liz looked into the shopping bags, handing me one over. "Let me know if the measurements are wrong."