Chapter 31: Confession

At School...
Kristen's POV

"I heard the Cross Country Meet was cancelled?" I asked Rose as we headed to our class.

"Yeah... We had to stay at a nearby motel for the night. The roads were flooded right ahead," she explained.

"Mhmm," I nodded.

"Are you alright?" She placed a hand on my shoulder before I turned around and looked at her in confusion.

"I am... But why are you asking all of a sudden?"

"I just had this dream about you while at the motel, a nightmare, actually."

"I'm alright. Must be the crazy monster drama getting to you once again." We walked into our class and seated ourselves.

"You're probably right."

"Good morning class," A woman, in her late twenties or early thirties walked into the room with a textbook in her hand. Grabbing a chalk, she wrote out her name on the board.

Blair Crandall

Blair Crandall.

"I'm Blair Crandall, and I'm your History professor from this class and onwards. I'm afraid we're already lagging in our course, so let's start immediately." She wrote out the name of the lesson, 'The American Civil War.' "Can anyone please tell me the duration of the Civil War?" Many students raised their arms as professor Crandall started roaming inside the class, her gaze falling over Damien, "Mr. Blackwood, why don't you enlighten us?" She traced her finger up his arm.

"Um, I'm perfectly fine. Thank you." He leaned back onto his seat before rolling his eyes.

Sighing, she looked around the room. "Yes, Ms. Silverhawk?"

"The Civil War lasted from
12 April, 1861 to 9 April, 1865," Rose answered.

"Right. So let's move on."

A forty-five minute class later, the students started leaving the room when professor Crandall called out to Damien, "Mr. Blackwood, I need to have a talk with you. Shut the door, please." I was the last one to leave as my eyes trailed over Damien and professor Crandall slightly longer than it should've.

"Why do you think she asked him to stay back?"

"Grades, I guess? Why are you asking?" Rose questioned me back.

"I... I have a feeling that I know professor Crandall from somewhere. I feel... uneasy around her."

"Do you know where you recognise her from?"

"That's the strange part. I can't remember anything."

"It's probably nothing. You're worrying too much, that's a--" She glanced at my left ear, "Wait, did you wear only one earring to school today?"