Chapter 63: The Witches Shall Reunite

Rosalyn's POV

"You mean you versus us?" I felt a hand on my shoulder. Glancing back, I noticed my friends standing behind me. "You all...?"

"The spell wore off the moment Mr. Immortal Warlock kicked the bucket." Stella said.

Aurora dug her nail into her skin, drawing out blood. None of the others winced this time. "And the linkage spell is broken too."

"It's hero time!"

"But I want to ask you something." Aurora shouted out to Nathaniel. "Why are you like this? Why were you so brutal to us?"

Nathaniel smirked. "I was never born in a luxurious family. Once my mother passed away when I was ten, my father married a rich heiress, the epitome of wealth and beauty in our village. But it was only superficial. From the inside, she was as rotten as garbage. She despised me. She left me to eat scraps. She made me do all the household chores and made it seem to my father that it was all she taking care of me while I demanded more and more from her. It went on for years. Their children would spit at me, call me names and what not. So one day, when the anger and frustration in me exploded, they witnessed my wrath. I killed them. All of them. I didn't even let their newborn son live. I hated them so very much. I became a ripper. I slaughtered everyone who came in my path, the villagers, who saw me everyday, being tortured and tormented by those snakes, I killed them all. I didn't regret it. I don't regret it now. They deserved every bit of it..."

"Oh my God..."

"I became the Devil in everyone's childhood tales, but that was until I met your mother, and she was oh so spectacular, and unimaginably powerful! I knew she could give me the power I deserved, and so, I fancied her. She couldn't resist my charms. I stayed at her house as a homeless boy, but the way I trapped Eleanor in my plans was so satisfying. I impressed her parents, and it was not long before we were husband and wife... and the rest is history."

"More like the history of destruction." Stella rolled her eyes.

"All I did was for your own good. I wanted to make you more powerful than humanity. I made you into vampires, no less than God. You can heal yourselves. You won't age. You can't die."

"But vampires like us are fragile and vulnerable. We are emotionless creatures. We don't value life, we can't anymore, because for us, it goes on forever." Aurora said.

"None of you will ever understand what I did for you. It was all just a waste, and now, I shall rectify my mistakes..."

Suddenly, an arrow shot up from nowhere and hit Nathaniel in his chest. We looked in its direction to find Kristen aiming her crossbow at him. "I only know the language of bows and arrows."

"You silly girl!" Nathaniel grabbed the arrow, which crumbled into a million pieces under his fierce hold. All of us took off in different directions, prepared for the fight up ahead.

"Annulum de flammae." I chanted as ring of fire appeared around Nathaniel. Kristen and professor Whittemore took off, firing wooden bullets and arrows at him, but he managed to escape them with ease.

"Stella, stake!" I shouted as Stella hurled a wooden stake in my direction. "Arma conversi sunt in." I levitated the stake between my palms as it emitted a bright white light. "Lorem." I took advantage of his distraction and launched it in his direction. The stake hit him in the arm, emitting smokey fumes. He grunted at the sudden attack.

"You..." He scrunched up his face, before walking out of the ring of fire, not bothering about burning himself. The flames turned to ash once he was out of it. Sydney transformed right before our eyes into the gaunt, pale creature that we knew all too well. She lunged at Nathaniel, but he was stronger than anyone had expected. Grabbing the Wendigo's throat with ease, he tossed it at a corner of the field. Sydney slumped against one of the trees and immediately lost her consciousness.