Chapter 51: All Work and No Play

Rosalyn's POV

"One, two, three, jump!" Stella continued wording the beats as we followed her dance instructions. "Sway your hips to the beat. Dana, you look like a fish out of water. Enjoy the flow, like you are dancing with the breeze. Come on, once again. Five, six, seven, eight..."

After the rehersal was over, Stella, Kristen and I huddled in a corner.

"Do you see how Bethany dances? It is like she can't even move her limbs. I want this to be perfect and everyone is just... so raw!" Stella said.

"Stella, you are thinking this way too much." I put a concerned hand over her shoulder.

"Of course not! The time has come to show the Ledford High Cheerleaders what the Crestfall High Cheerleaders are made of, especially to that bitch Jocelyn." She huffed.

"I knew Rose and Jocelyn had bad blood between them, but why are you bent over destroying her?" Kristen said.

"You won't know this but she spilled milkshake on my hand-woven sweater two years ago! That sweater was gifted to me by my Nana. May her soul rest in peace." She wiped away her imaginary tears.

"That's so rude of her. I thought I was the only one who was ever so mean to you."

"Trust me Rose, I have seen worse coming from her. And have you seen her perky little boobs? They are like ice cream cones or something. Everyone just wants to eat her!" Stella stomped her foot on the ground.

"This got X-Rated way faster than I had imagined."

"I have a lot more to say to her, but I am willing to keep my mouth shut for the sake of this school. But if she tries anything on me at the game, I swear I will let loose all my horses, and show her who the real queen is."

"Alright, but let's focus on the cheer practice for now." I said.

"Speaking of cheer practice, I was wondering if this speaker would stay alive till tomorrow. I mean, it is, I don't know, ten years old by now?" Kristen said.

Stella switched on the sound on the speaker. "Don't worry. We can rely on our age old buddy anyday." She kicked the side of the speaker to prove her point, but there was suddenly some static disturbance in the song. "Uh... It will be fine. I promise." She bent down and banged her hand on it before the music was restored to its normal pace. "See! All good in here. Back to practice!" Clapping her hands, Stella called out to the rest of the cheerleaders before we resumed practising.

God save us all.

______________

The next day

Kristen's POV

"Hurry Kristen, the crowd is already here!" One of the cheerleaders informed me.

"Coming!" I tied my hair into a ponytail and brushed off the folds on my red and black outfit, with a large snake design on it and our Team name 'Vipers' printed on it in bold white letters, before leaving the practice room, closing the door behind me.

Outside, I was shocked to see the huge crowd of swarming people entering the school stadium, students and parents inclusive.

I walked up to Rose, who was talking to Genevieve, Amber and Aurora.

"So, excited for the match?" I said.

"Excited is an understatement." Aurora said.

"What about you Genevieve? This is your first time watching a live football game." Rose said.

"Are you aware of the rules and the mechanism of football?"

"Yes, I am acquainted with the game, thanks to Aurora. As children, Damien was the best among the four of us at tag, and if football is anything similar, I feel that he would perform well. Seeing my brothers play something as huge as this game is definitely more than I had ever wished for." Genevieve said with pride in her voice.