Chapter 29: To Hell and Back

Amber's POV

Drawing my car to a stop, I jumped , followed by Vincent and Damien, Christopher's house standing right in front of me. "Stay here. If something goes wrong, make sure he doesn't escape." They nodded their heads as I tightened my grip around the wooden dagger in my jean's pocket. "Aperi," Pointing my palm at the front door, I opened it with a loud clank, walking into the house, ready to take down the Yako.

Turning round a corner, I reached his bedroom, only to encounter the strangest and most terrifying sight of my life. The room was cleared out of most of the furniture, and the floor had a pentagram drawn on it with black ash, bordered with lit candles and in the middle, sat Christopher, ready to stab himself with a knife he held in his hands.

"Rupti sunt." The knife in his hands shattered into a million tiny pieces before he looked up to find me standing at the doorway, his eyes, now not his own. They were... black, pitch black, the darkest I had ever known. His lips curled into the most evil grin possible.

"There you are... the Valerian witch, right at my doorstep." He got up from the floor.

"Christopher, this-- this isn't you..." I warned him.

"I fear it is now!" He let out a menacing cackle, "This is my house, my territory, and you're the invader."

"Post viam." Establishing an invisible connection with him, I pulled him towards me by his neck, "I know what you are," I sneered.

"Really? Why don't you enlighten me then?"

"You're a Yako, a malevolent, Japanese fox spirit!"

He seemed dumbfounded for a moment, and in a split second, I was hoisted into the air by an invisible force tightening around my neck. I struggled, trying to break free. Blood rushed to my head as my vision throbbed red. I felt my life closing in on me. I grabbed my neck with all the force I had left, but all I could feel were my fingernails digging into my own skin.

Christopher laughed like a maniac, relishing the joy in the moment. "How does that feel? Won't you try to stop me? Won't you try to kill me? I'd like to see you try." Right then, I felt a heaviness in my pocket.

The dagger!

Reaching down to the wooden hilt, I raised it high in the air, ready to slash Christopher's throat, when...

"Stop!" A voice echoed in the room as the hold on my neck weakened. I scrambled to the floor, coughing violently. Turning to my left, I found Rose and the others standing in the doorway.

"What a pleasure seeing you all here." The demonic version of Christopher smiled.

"Rose, what are you--"

"Et fruges ejus ac tenebras. Satis tempore noctis. Quia his qui habitaverint coram obumbratio diaboli. Quos non licet Diabolus non est de fine propter tenebras." The air in the room roared, the breeze turning into a deadly storm, a hurricane, a blizzard, as she chanted the black magic spell.

The blood, the darkness, combined into a fatal poison that vapourised in the air, alerting the demon that the end was near, and there was no way out, not this time.

Christopher let out a scream, a wail of pain as he felt the walls around him close, the chambers of darkness where the devil inside him was born would be where his death shall be witnessed. A wisp of black, stenchful smoke emitted from his chest, and along with it, came out the devil.

"Dirigat viam sequere me." Rose drew the evil in with her magic, entrapping it in an iron container before Kristen inserted the lid on it, trapping the devil inside.