Chapter 44: The Devil Himself

Rosalyn's POV

The six of us stood in the hallway in dead silence, as a man walked up to us. He was the one, the destroyer himself.

He was Nathaniel Blackwood, the first vampire.

Dressed in formal attire, he had brown eyes, fawn coloured hair, and a sinister look on his face, the description of a pure devil.

"It is so good to finally meet you after so many years... my children." A crooked grin spread across his face.

"I can't say that we feel the same about you." Damien spoke up.

"Ah, my dear son Damien. I thought that you would have learnt some manners over the years. You have proved me wrong, again." He started walking in his direction.

"I inherited such values from my good old father afterall." He smirked.

"You dare disobey me even now?" He grabbed him by his collar, his nostrils flaring. "Don't forget that I am your father!"

"You lost that title a long time back." He spit in his face.

Nathaniel's fury knew no bounds. He yanked Damien by his collar and slammed him onto the wall, nearly fifteen feet away from the spot he had been standing. He passed Nathaniel a death glare.

Nathaniel gently took out a silk handkerchief from his inner pocket and wiped his face.

He turned his attention towards Aurora.

"Here is my sweet little daughter Aurora! How have you been?" He started nearing her.

"Don't you dare lay a finger on her." Stella stood between the two of them.

Nathaniel looked momentarily surprised. "Who are you, may I ask young lady?"

"Your worst nightmare!" She yelled, baring her fangs, her eyes turning blood red.

Nathaniel scoffed. "I thought you three were against turning humans into vampires. What changed?"

Right then, Stella lunged towards him, ready to claw his face, but suddenly, she stopped mid-air, groaning in pain.

"Aaah!" She screamed in agony. Aurora rushed up to her and knelt down by her side.

"You feel that? That is your blood starting to boil." Nathaniel grabbed Stella by her chin. "You foolish little girl. You have no idea what I am capable of. You are a descendant of my bloodline, a legacy that I created, and now, you will know what that means..." A menacing smile spread across his face.

Stella groaned once again. She screamed. She cried. But nothing helped. "Please, make it stop. It hurts," she said between her wails.

"You should have thought that before disrespecting me."

"Father please... Let her go." A tear escaped from Aurora's eye as she held Stella in her arms. She begged him to loosen his control over her.

He smiled once again as Stella's wails slowed down, till they were reduced to heavy breaths. "Is she your new muse, Aurora? I can certainly see why you care for her so much. I must say, once an abomination, always an abomination." He started making his way towards Amber, Vincent and me.